Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Downgrade from Magento 1.4.0.1 to Magento 1.3.2.4

John Demian

Total Posts:  16

Can I downgrade from Magento 1.4.0.1?
Or is there a way to import all the products from the current store (the one with Magento 1.4.0.1) into a new store that has version 1.3.2.4(I understand that this is the version with the least problems)
Thanks in advance for any help given.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Hi..
I also got this question.
Is there any way to downgrade to 1.3.2.4 from 1.4.0.1 ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

India

Damn, WTF!
Why thre is nevr a reply to this question ?

Its much needed now.
There should be a button the Magento Connect with CHECK FOR UPGRADES.
The additional button should be CHECK FOR DOWNGRADES.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brett

Total Posts:  121

What problems are you running into on 1.4.0.1? (If you don’t mind - sorry I don’t know how to downgrade)

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Demian

Brett - 09 May 2010 12:07 AM

What problems are you running into on 1.4.0.1? (If you don’t mind - sorry I don’t know how to downgrade)

There are alot of bugs in 1.4.0.1...from the navigation disappearing to products not showing up.
I’m kind of screwed because I’ve completed a design for magento and found workarounds for most of the bugs but now I ran into some problems that can’t be fixed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

India

Yeah stupid shit..
Last solution is getting back to 1.3.2.4 .
But there is no way for that also.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brett

Total Posts:  121

Please let me know if you guys can think of any specific bugs. I haven’t run into any on my install yet, but I’d like to be vigilant in case any arise. By the way, I’m hosted with Crucial’s beginning level plan. I installed via SSH and the perl downloader thing. Maybe these issues are related to UPGRADING to 1.4.0.1? Or maybe they’re related to a FTP install and the files being owned by diff user than the webserver? Anyways, let me know if you can think of any specific bugs.

I haven’t noticed my navigation bar disppear. Then again, there are hundreds of “navigation bars”, so it’s hard to tell which one you’re referring to wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Demian

I was talking about the page navigation. Let’s say you have 50 products in one category. On the page you’ll see 15 of 50 but you won’t have the next or previous button or the page number so you can go and see the next few pages.
There are tons of errors that appear on installation, just search Magento 1.4 install error.
If you are used with the old Magento custom shoe options you are in for a treat...none of the old ways of adding a custom option work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

draiocht

Total Posts:  23

John Demian - 09 May 2010 02:44 AM

Brett - 09 May 2010 12:07 AM

There are alot of bugs in 1.4.0.1...from the navigation disappearing to products not showing up.
I’m kind of screwed because I’ve completed a design for magento and found workarounds for most of the bugs but now I ran into some problems that can’t be fixed.

Here’s the Nav fix for themes.
http://duntuk.com/magento-14-toolbar-error-how-properly-upgrade-magento-14

Magento Community
Magento Community

GonzagueGB

Total Posts:  29

Want to downgrade as well, how to do that ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bertran

Total Posts:  17

Hey there,

just in case if this problem is still actual for someone there is a pretty simple way out. You can move data from 1.4 to 1.3 with Cart2cart. It won’t involve any coding or other complicated stuff. Basically it just automatically copies and adapts your database from one Magento version to another. However, after that you will have to set up a proper layout and install necessary modules on your own. This is probably an optimal solution to downgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community