Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Store Separated Totals for Sales

kabel

Total Posts:  68
UNL, Lincoln, NE

I work for an organization that wants to create multiple stores under one shopping cart. However what could stop us from going further with Magento development is how totals are reported for sales.

The organization’s merchants will all have the opportunity to setup a store on the unified web presence and sell their items along side of other merchants. However when a sale is created in Magento all products in the cart are totaled and the only store/merchant that is ‘visibly’ recorded is the store that the checkout took place in. The reports show the totals ONLY from the store that the checkout was completed in NOT which store the items were placed in the cart.

I’m looking for some why to make an admin report that will display totals from sales on a per store basis. I don’t know if Magento saves which store a product what purchased from in an order. Right now I have it set so each store would have a unique SKU prefix, so for each order I could write something that would try to group all the common SKU prefixes and sum the row totals for those products. However, it would be more productive if I could simply pull the store id from the item in the sale and them calculate the totals from there.

I need the totals per store to be calculated for each item, rather than per cart because it doesn’t make since for Store B to get all of the money from items the were selected from Store A. My organization needs to be able to disburse funds accordingly. Without these totals, our merchants won’t know how much money they should be getting each month from the disbursing unit.

Please let me know if I need to elaborate or if this concept seems off base.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kabel

Total Posts:  68
UNL, Lincoln, NE

Anybody else concerned with this? You are shopping in Store A and add some products to the cart. Then you change to Store B and add some products to the cart and finally checkout. The sales interface shows that the entire cart total is credited to Store B, even though the products came from Store A.

Is there some way to find out the original store a product came from in a sale. It is vitally important that each store is credited the amount that they contributed to the transaction. I’m pretty sure this makes intuitive sense . grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community