Magento Forum

   
Newsletter problems after upgarde from 1.3 ->1.4
 
portalzine
Jr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  9
Joined:  2008-05-15
Germany
 

Hi,

I fixed most of the problems I encountered while upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4, the only thing giving me an error now is the “Newsletter Subscribers” Admin section.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getBackend() on a non-object in magento/app/code/core/Mage/Newsletter/Model/Mysql4/Subscriber/Collection.php on line 146

1. Database repair finds no errors
2. Cache has been cleared
3. Happens even if the subscriber list is empty

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Alexander

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
netsuccessworld
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  2
Joined:  2013-07-05
 

I know this is much late for this post to reply but did you ever find a solution for this?
I am having exactly same problem after upgrading from 1.7.0 to 1.8.1.
Thank you.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
netsuccessworld
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  2
Joined:  2013-07-05
 

Ok. I found the solution. Don\’t know it will work for all but it worked for me at least.

What I did is, I traced the code from where the error was coming. I came to know that it was due to a missing record entry in customer_eav_attribute table. It might have happened when I was upgrading from 1.7 to 1.8.

The missing record was of \"firstname\" attribute. What I did is simply checked the attribute code for firstname in eav_attribute table and simply copied the missing record in customer_eav_attribute table from my other magento installation.
And it worked.

Hope this helps somebody.
Thank you.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
    Back to top