Since upgrading to version 1.1.5, I am no longer able to change the Related Products on a product. I click “Save” or “Save And Continue Edit” but it does not change. Everything else saves and works fine for products, it’s just the related products section. Any help would be appriciated.
I’m also getting page errors when using Internet Explorer 7 though this doesn’t happen with Firefox. These are only happening in the Admin area, for instance, when I click on “System > Configuration”. The page loads and all seems to be working but I get the error…
Error: Object doesn’t support this property or method
I thought it might be something to do with file permissions, I’ve already executed chmod.php which fixed the menu problem I had earlier but my web hosting company say it looks ok
I think these upgrades were screwing us up a bit, then we put in a 2nd installation for another project that needed a separate back end admin for
and somehow everything got shuffled up. After 10 hours of intensive care, we had to pull the plug. We ended up having to start from scratch (500+ hours & around 500 SKU’s gone) Things seem to be working better now though
Hopefully it will only take 100hrs to catch back up now that we have a lot of the learning out of the way.
I fixed this issue by down grading the app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/catalog/product/edit.phtml page back to what I had in 1.1.2. It looks like the page is trying to use some JS functions from prototype 1.6, but magento ships with prototype 1.5. I havent tried upgrading to the later version of prototype.
I had the same problems of not being able to save under upsell,crossell or related products and also unable to view customer orders/wishlist etc under ->manage customers without problems.
Later I did a re-install and each time I checked for any error in the installation message box. There would always be some files not able to install properly because of file permissions. I had to re-install each time an error cropped up and changed the file permissions (folders indicated by the error messages) to permit installing. After all this, the last install was all ok and finally the problems above went away.
I noticed my previous upgrade to 1.1.6 was not really completed by the footer still indicating the version as 1.1.2. After the complete install it changed to 1.1.6.