Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No Upcharges when building configurable products 1.1.5

zep007

Total Posts:  131
Connecticut

When building configurable products, has anyone else noticed that the box to input the price for the given option is no longer there, and when changing the boxes above the simple-associated products, nothing is reflected in the products.

So I can still build a configurable product by creating the product, going into each product individually, then changing the price, and saving it.  But that takes forever.

Please let me know if I should report this as a bug, anyone else with this issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Works fine for me (see the attached image).

Can you please post here the screenshot of your “Associated Products” tab here ?

Image Attachments
config-product-attributes-price.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

Yes this section does appear, but only after the simple product is created.  The focus of attention needs not to be in this section, but above it. 

When a configurable option is chosen from the dropdown box, normally another box for the price of the option would appear below the dropdown, before you hit the simple product create button. 

After the update, the box for the option’s value does not appear, you only see the options and values in the window below (like your screenshot)

Does this clearify?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

zep007 - 17 September 2008 03:48 AM

Yes this section does appear, but only after the simple product is created.  The focus of attention needs not to be in this section, but above it. 

When a configurable option is chosen from the dropdown box, normally another box for the price of the option would appear below the dropdown, before you hit the simple product create button. 

After the update, the box for the option’s value does not appear, you only see the options and values in the window below (like your screenshot)

Does this clearify?

Frankly speaking, no. Can you post a screenshot ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

Here is the screen shot you requested.

If you look at the screenshot you will see I do have the box listed below to assign values to the attributes.  This box only appears after a simple product with the attribute is created.

After the attribute is created you can put in a value, hit save, then create other products with this value.  Unfortunately you have to go into the simple product and change the price manually for each product you used the option on first.

Post back if it needs more explaining

Image Attachments
Magento.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

Still there Mike?

Magento Community
Magento Community

shashi_lo

Total Posts:  23

I am having the same problem but with 1.1.6

Magento Community
Magento Community

harkman

Total Posts:  60
Ravensburg, Germany

Any news on this topic?

This is a huge problem. We created some Configurable products with about 700 underlying simple products. All these simple products now share the same base price.
The problem with this behaviour is, that now you can not order these single products from the backend. To be precise, you can order them but all with the wrong price, the base price.
The Quick Create function needs to calculate the price for the single product and save it to it.
Otherwise the backorder renders useless to a majority of shop owners.

There needs to be a fix for this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

harkman

Ravensburg, Germany

I filed a bugreport for this http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue/?issue=4743

Magento Community
Magento Community

harkman

Ravensburg, Germany

Because this issue made me sick I hunted this bug down.

As noticed in the topic this bug was introduced with 1.1.5 and with this update the Prototype JavaScript library was updated from 1.5.x to 1.6.0
This bug is not a magento bug but a Prototype bug.

To solve it open magento\js\prototype\prototype.js

Go to line 567.

if (Object.isFunction(object.toTemplateReplacements))
Replace it with
if (object != null && Object.isFunction(object.toTemplateReplacements))

Empty your browsers cache and get back the painfully missed price input field.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community