Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing customer database

Brilliand

Total Posts:  34

I have a customer database from Volusion that I would like to copy over to Magento.  Is there an import feature?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

The import/export functionality in Magento is called DataFlow.

You can read more about this feature in this blog post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Wow, why would you want to go from Volusion to Magento? I thought about trying Volusion after I saw all the problems Magento has.
Is it just the cost?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brilliand

Total Posts:  34

We’re moving over because we need more bandwidth (Volusion has to be hosted on Volusion’s servers), and because Volusion isn’t open source (I’m a capable programmer, and I found that restrictive).  Magento has its problems, but at least I can fight them - Volusion had a few nitpicky things that I couldn’t do anything about.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grut

Total Posts:  164
Ukraine

In case if someone needs to migrate database from Volusion to Magento - Cart2Cart is the service which enables you to do it automatically.

Cart2cart is an unique shopping migration service which allows you to migrate products, categories, attributes, manufacturers, customers, orders and other data from one shopping cart to different one.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community