Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Custom Options Bug Not Fixed {RESOLVED, for some}

zep007

Total Posts:  131
Connecticut

It seems even though the Bug is marked resolved on the Bug tracker this issue:

6431 [Community Bug] Cannot add more than 5 custom options for my simple item. ( closed )

is still a bug.  This bug effects some differently then others, it seems that if you assign more then 10 options to a single dropdown some get errors, for me its 6 dropdown boxes on the same product, some report 4 - anyways, I resubmitted the bug, but can not find the submission anymore.

I noted this same issue in another post, but Im unable to find that either.

I though the upgrade may have went awry so I reinstalled it, same issue.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

We are not able to reproduce this bugs in 1.1.5.

Can you please describe detailed step how to reproduce it ? The screenshots would also help.

Thank you,
Michael.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

A screenshot can’t help.  The bug is the same as it was pre-release.  below are the steps to reproduce it.

1) Hit the create new product button in the manage products screen
2) Select Default attribute group and simple product, Hit continue
3)Fill in the required fields for the product, then move to the custom options screen
4) Add new custom options to the product, try 10 custom options with 3 choices each (some report this issue to be caused by a different number of options or number of selections for a single option)

5) Hit save or save and continue

6) Look at teh custom option page for the product, you may see 4 options still there, or you may see none.

7) You can try putting the options in again, or try saving 2 at a time,l but neither works.

Please let me know if further explanation is needed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Smallblock

Total Posts:  24

Ouch, having the same issue.

@Michael - Other bugs with the same issue were 6463, 6670, and 6740.

Just a quick addition, hoping it will help. When I click ‘Save’, or ‘Save and Continue Edit’ to save a new option the admin redirects to my default admin page regardless of which I click. So I would guess something is erroring out and not allowing it to continue.

Is there a log file generated for that sort of thing? No error messages are being displayed. If so would it help to provide that?

Thanks for looking into it and I hope this can be fixed soon. The custom options are a great feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

@zep007 - I followed those exact steps and I didn’t have a problem at all.  I tried it with 10 options and 3 choices each, then did a different product with 8 options and 5 choices each.  I used a variety of input types.  Not a single issue.  I am on Magento 1.1.6 and my server is set up as follows:

Windows Server 2003
PHP 5.2.6
Apache 2.2.9
MySQL 5.0.67
APC 3.0.17

I also did the testing on Firefox 3.  No idea what the problem could be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lol

Total Posts:  68
Plymouth, UK

@zep007: Here is a screenshot of all the most up-to-date Magento core system extensions that seem to avoid your issue. How does yours compare?

Image Attachments
Picture 4.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Smallblock

Total Posts:  24

With enough options this seems to be running into a limit on the length of the string created to post everything to the server. At least that’s what I seem to be running into. (just a theory)

I don’t know if this is a server limit, a magento limit, or even a limit on post length within http but it seems to be reasonably high, just not quite high enough for client expectations wink

Also, I was testing with an existing product and running into problems (which could be anything) but everything seems to work when creating a new product after the upgrade to 1.1.6

@zep - are you seeing this with new products added since the upgrade?

Does anyone have any ideas regarding the post limit? It may not be something that can be fixed directly but it may at least be worth noting and documenting as other areas of the admin will likely run into the same.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

@lol - I did the update in Magento Connect by adding ‘magento-core/Mage_All_Latest’ which did update a some JS and what not ( I have been using the check for updates button which doesn’t seem to grab as much as this command )

@Smallblock - I went to test create another simple product.  On my installation, I can now have more then 10 options in a dropdown box, but still cannot have more then 10 drop down boxes at a time. ( Try your install with all dropdown boxes )

@i960 - My server and configuration is as follows:

Kentsfield Duel Core Dedicated Server, 2 GB RAM

Linux Fedora 9 x86-64
MySQL 5.0.51a
PHP Version 5.2.6
APC 3.0.19
Magento ver. 1.1.6

Using Firefox 3.0

@ Mike - I can’t find the Bug Report I put up for this issue.  Have you guys been taking down bug reports until you figure out if its really a bug?  Should I post another bug report?  Where do we go from here?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vevelt

Total Posts:  19
Itzehoe in Germany

Blue Acorn - 19 September 2008 11:28 AM

We’re having the same issue with a client - slightly different behavior though.  Whenever we get past the 4 custom options, when we try to load the custom options page from any computer, the “Please Wait...” message hangs there forever.  We’ve tried this with existing products before the 1.1.6 update and a new product created post-release.  Also, all of my options are drop down lists.

Exactly the same problem here. :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

I just noticed when adding more then 25 choices to a dropdown, then click save the product saves, but the new options are not saved with it.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

is Mike still around?

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

Well, I have increased the post_max_size in my phpini to have a grossly huge limit, and the custom options still do not save in the following situations :

1) More than 7 dropdown boxes options on same simple product

2) More than 26 choices for a single dropdown.

My bug report : http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=3451 is marked closed (not resolved) so Im wondering if Varien is ignoring this issue, or has fixed it, if it is fixed I assume it would have been marked ‘resolved’ confused

and to add to Bug repport list above -
6431 [Community Bug] Cannot add more than 5 custom options for my simple item. closed

Posted:  2008-08-12 17:39:41
Version:  1.1.2

6740 [Community Bug] Product Option - More than 5 issue closed

Posted:  2008-08-28 15:16:55
Version:  1.1.3

6463 [Community Bug] Simple Product - Custom Options Feature closed

Posted:  2008-08-13 20:11:30
Version:  1.1.2

6670 [Community Bug] Cant have more than 5 custom options closed

Posted:  2008-08-25 09:34:58
Version:  1.1.3

The Magento Team’s response was :
This issue was fixed and the changes will be available in Magento 1.1.5

So..... are these issues boing ignored or has the fix not been realesed (maybe in 1.1.7)? rolleyes

Well Im going to keep at this one…

Any one with a proposed solution PLEASE POST ( I formally invite Varien to get back in this tread as well )

Magento Community
Magento Community

zep007

Connecticut

OK guys, I found the issue, and hopefully this helps some other people.

The issue is with the default suhosin php hardening patch settings.  Just add the text below to your php.ini file and restart your server.  This will get around the POST issue, and the request line is in there because suhosin.request.* is an upper limit for the other settings.

post_max_size = 100000K

[suhosin]
suhosin.post.max_vars = 2000
suhosin.request.max_vars = 1000

If you have an insane number of options adjust the above accordingly.

Good Luck!  cheese

Magento Community
Magento Community

Louie

Total Posts:  1
Paris

Unfortunately, this don’t do the trick for me…

I am still stuck on the “loading ...” when I attempt to click on “Custom Options” for a simple product.

I check with FireBug and the result of **admin/catalog_product/option/id/**product_id**/ appears as a result : however Magento is not able to display it !

Louis.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tansau

Total Posts:  35
Heart of Dixie, USA

Louie - 11 October 2008 06:18 AM

Unfortunately, this don’t do the trick for me…

I am still stuck on the “loading ...” when I attempt to click on “Custom Options” for a simple product.

Not sure why this thread is marked RESOLVED. I have having the exact same problem on 1.1.6. Whenever I click into “Custom Options” for a product, the interace hangs on the “please wait” animation and will not progress.

Happens on Mac and PC, in IE, Firefox and Explorer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moritz_a

Total Posts:  11

Although we don’t have suhosin installed and set post_max_size to 10M, the problem of not being able to save related, upsell or cross-sell-produtcs persists. Though, it says “successfully saved”. Before we upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6, everything worked fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coug

Total Posts:  20

I have the same problem :
My shop was upgrade from0.97 to 1.1.6 with the diferent version and with th 1.1.6 cross-sell, cross-up and related aren’t saved in the database.

My server doesn’t have suhosin and the post max size is 32 M.

Please found how solve this.

Related, cross-sell and cross-up are very usefull.

@ zep007 : could you delete the tag RESOLVED from the title of the thread ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2