Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.
For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email email@example.com.
I did something similar but my installation was not on a subdomain.
I have’ve copied all files & database to my PC and reconfigured the magento installation to get it work.
Then I tried to update my magento installation and get this strange result.