Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can someone please explain this? 

TheWebGuy

Total Posts:  3

Magento ver. 1.1.4

I’ve read the “How to use MagentoConnect” user guide, but I find no explanation for Upgrading from a list of items in Magento Connect.

When I login to Magento Connect I get this screen whichI understand is a list of Packages that shows what is Installed).
See link below OR attachment

Magento Connect Installed

So the next thing I do is “Check for Upgrades” and I get this screen which shows a another list with 3 different colors of rows.
I see in the legend in the bottom left corner there are 2 colors defined for “Installed” and “Upgrade Available”.

What is the 3rd color for? (it’s a darker yellow -see screen shot)
See link below OR attachment

Magento Connect Upgrade

I’m new to Magento and just trying to “work my way around”.
From this list I just would like to know which ones I need to upgrade and which ones I don’t.

Do I just ALWAYS install everything that is available?

Also, concerning the 1.1.5 stable should I wait as it appears there are some issues with certain things that are either not installed or not working.
I don’t want to have to try to “fix” things after an upgrade as this is anti-efficent.

Thanks for the help here,
TheWebGuy

Image Attachments
magento_1.gifmagento_2.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Mage_All_Latest is the only package that you have to upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

I only see one shade of yellow in your screenshot.  Like Michael said, just upgrade Mage_All_Latest.  It’ll take care of everything else for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheWebGuy

Total Posts:  3

Ok thanks guys…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community