Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sort packing slip by attribute

Mad Martigan

Total Posts:  44
Medford, OR USA

Here is an interesting situation that I’ve come across.  Here is the scenario.

A store wants to sort the lines of the packing slip based on a series of attributes for each item.  In this case the attributes specify warehouse location (Row, Shelf, Bin) and the store wants to print the packing slip items sorted by these attributes to facilitate efficient picking of orders. The attributes are set to “not visible” on catalog pages. So the questions are....

1) How to get the attributes to show up on the packing slip.
2) How to sort the lines of the packing slip based on these attributes.

I’ve found all the files under app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Pdf that control the generation of the Pdf.  I would imagine that I’ve got to add a new method to the public function getItemOptions but I’m not sure this is the best way to approach it.  (Still a Magento newbie)

So, anyone have any ideas or suggestions on the best way to approach this?

TIA!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community