Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change product image based on selected radio button of a bundled item

backpack

Total Posts:  22

Hi, as stated in the title, I would like to be able to change the product image based on the user’s option on a radio button for a bundled item. For example, I choose a radio button that changes the chassis of a product, the image should also change. This is similar to changing an image based on colour, but not quite the same. I would appreciate any help if you could please point me in the right direction. Thank you very much.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Here is whet you can try.
Edit app\design\frontend\{interface}\{theme}\template\bundle\catalog\product\view\type\bundle\option\radio.phtml
For each radio button in that file add an ‘onclick’ event. (or something else)
This is to code for a radio input (original)

<input type="radio" onclick="bundle.changeSelection(this)" class="radio" id="bundle-option-<?php echo $_option->getId() ?>" name="bundle_option[<?php echo $_option->getId() ?>]"<?php echo ($_default && $_default->isSalable())?'':' checked="checked" ' ?> value="" />
for the onclick attribute a a new function. Let’s call it changeImage
<input type="radio" onclick="bundle.changeSelection(this);changeImage('some image url')" class="radio" id="bundle-option-<?php echo $_option->getId() ?>" name="bundle_option[<?php echo $_option->getId() ?>]"<?php echo ($_default && $_default->isSalable())?'':' checked="checked" ' ?> value="" />
the function could look like this
function changeImage(imageUrl){
$('Your_main_image_id').src imageUrl;
}

This is just a ‘skeleton’ of what to do. You can do it in whatever way you want.
I hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

backpack

Total Posts:  22

Thanks a lot for replying. When I click on an image from “More Views”, however, the image still links to the old image. Also, when I add the item to the cart, the image is the original image. What would be the best way to handle these “problems”?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

I thought you only needed it for the product details page and it seamed to be the easiest solution.
I have no idea how to keep the changed picture. I don’t even know how to approach this.
I can just recommend looking through the cart files maybe you find something.
The product image in the cart is displayed like this

<?php echo $this->getProductThumbnail()->resize(75); ?>
and getProductThumbnail() looks like this
public function getProductThumbnail()

{

if (!is_null($this->_productThumbnail)) {

return $this->_productThumbnail;

}

return $this->helper('catalog/image')->init($this->getProduct(), 'thumbnail');

}
(see \app\code\core\Mage\Checkout\Block\Cart\Item\Renderer.php)
You can try to set a value for _productThumbnail so you won’t see the default thumbnail.
If you manage to do this post your solution here for everyone to ‘enjoy’.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community