Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

issue PNG images in Magento

happy_shopper

Total Posts:  29
the Netherlands

Hi there,

I have uploaded images in a webshop. These images are saved (save for web & devices) in Photoshop as png-24. When some of the images are uploaded in Magento and placed in the shop, the white space (which is supposed to be white and not transparent) is transparent, and also in a way that is is very ugly. An example is live here: example. Is there someone who knows what causes the problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lausianne

Total Posts:  82

For once, this is definitely not a Magento issue, it’s the image itself. Opening this in Photoshop, it looks exactly as on your site.
I quickly selected and removed the white on the outline, see attachment. Not perfect, but probably closer to what you expected.

Oh sorry, now I see you wanted everything white in the background! No transparency. Well, turn off transparency then ...

Cheers, Ralf.

Image Attachments
evenstil_nt.pngevenstil.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community