Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
1.4 WYSIWYG and File Upload

shashi_lo

Total Posts:  23

It would be nice to have a bullet proof solution that works on all browsers. If anyone can fix this bug, that would be great.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

karbanovich

Total Posts:  6

Here is my solution to the problem…
took me sometime to figure it out…
i am doing a bookstore on magento so i need some of the books to have a pdf preview and i was satisfied with just having a link to pdf in the short description.
so here is what i did on my 1.4.1.1 version on localhost (MAMP)
i installed Fontis WYSIWYG - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Fontis/extension/586/fontis-wysiwyg-editor
in the config->WYSIWYG Editor enabled file upload and set up the FCKEditor for the product description area

that allowed me to upload files to the server easily. oh also there is a little but in that script that you have to correct.
in file js/fontis/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php change line 141 to
$Config[’QuickUploadAbsolutePath’][’File’]= $Config[’UserFilesAbsolutePath’] . ‘file/’ ;
this will fix the correct path for the upload of a document.

ok then i need to make the pdf links stand out automatically
so i used jquery to add class="pdf" to all the links to the pdf files. then you can style the class as your heart desires.

$(document).ready(function(){
$("a[@href$=pdf]").addClass("pdf");
});

Magento Community
Magento Community

Prattski

Total Posts:  54

There is an extremely simple way to do this with the built-in wysiwyg editor.  I’ve written an article to walk you through how to create a module to do this (no core edits necessary).  It will take you 5 minutes or less:  http://prattski.com/2011/01/10/magento-allow-other-file-types-in-wysiwyg-editor/

Magento Community
Magento Community

slight53

Total Posts:  15
Basel, Switzerland

Hi Prattski,
I tried your small hack and it works perfect for the CMS pages. I would like to use a PDF link in the category description but unfortunately your hack does not work at a category. Do you have a solution for placing PDF files in a category description? You would really help me out.
Cheers
(really strange that there are no commercial plugins for the Magento wysiwyg editor…)

Magento Community
Magento Community

LuciRebecca_1

Total Posts:  5

I’m having the same trouble as slight53, Prattski - any help would be really appreciated!

Magento doing my *nut* in today!

Magento Community
Magento Community

fourroses666

Total Posts:  90

this one isn’t that expensive:

http://magentocrux.mavenstore.com/pdf-upload-magento-extension-module-plug-ins-add-ons.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

mauricioprado00

Total Posts:  63
Argentina

jedimastafez - 28 March 2010 06:44 PM

Love the built in WYSIWYG - but one thing it doesnt appear to have over the Fontis one is the ability control what file types can be uloaded.

It appears to be restricted to images only right now - whereas several of our clients upload pdf documents.

Is there a section Im missing where allowed file types can be specified?

Here is a extension that i made and allows you to upload document files to any kind of products, is cheaper than others in magento community and i guarantee is 100% compatible with any other extensions.
You can buy it for only $25 here:

Product Attachs

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

mauricioprado00

Total Posts:  63
Argentina

fourroses666 - 26 October 2011 05:53 AM

this one isn’t that expensive:

http://magentocrux.mavenstore.com/pdf-upload-magento-extension-module-plug-ins-add-ons.html

Here is a extension that i made and allows you to upload document files to any kind of products and i guarantee is 100% compatible with any other extensions. And doesn’t require any special knowledge to be installed, you just have to upload through backend.

You can buy it for only $25 here:

Product Attachs

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexhost

Total Posts:  69
Kiev, Ukraine

ADDITIONAL TYPE OF FILES FOR WYSIWYG EDITOR

Extension for Magento, now can upload more types of file.

And create link for download, also for every file type will create thumb in media manager.

http://extensions.magefast.com/additional-type-of-files-for-wysiwyg-editor.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aikanet

Total Posts:  40
Düsseldorf, Germany

Rito - 27 August 2010 12:30 AM

same Problem here, works fine in Safari, Opera, Chrome but not in FF & =< IE8 (each latest version)

Same problem here.

On Firefox (13.0.1) got Error “e is null” when trying to link to a pdf-File. Same procedure works fine on Internet Explorer (9.0.7.)

Did anyone find out more of this bug? Seems to rely on TinyMCE? Is there a solution available?

Magento Community
Magento Community

arronlee

Total Posts:  11

I am new to Magento groups and didn\’t know that such an app as a WYSIWYG existed. Guess I will try it next time. I had to go to the Online store to learn how to use these apps - now I have to learn WYSIWYG and PDF control, say Yiigo? I was a PC person until a couple of years ago...My brain is hurting. Thanks for your guys sharing, though...I will check it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2