Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

DOB activated, set optional, however if not filled during checkout, it stops the process

OurWorldTalks

Total Posts:  60

I activated DOB field to be optional, however, when I tried to CONTINE in the billing information while leaving the field blank, it just shows “loading next step” and stops there. Can someone verify?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Confirmed in 1.1.5

The fix will be available in the next bugfix release.

You can try to replace the following lines in app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php :

$this->getQuote()->setCustomerDob(Mage::app()->getLocale()->date($address->getDob(), nullnullfalse)->toString('yyyy-MM-dd'));

with

if ($address->getDob()) {
            $this
->getQuote()->setCustomerDob(Mage::app()->getLocale()->date($address->getDob(), nullnullfalse)->toString('yyyy-MM-dd'));

}

Magento Community
Magento Community

matthiasg

Total Posts:  2
Mainz, Germany

Is it fixed yet? I seem to get a similar/related problem in 1.1.6 .. the if-clause does not exist there. Or is it fixed in a later version?

My order is placed, but the Quote is not cleared, and I get redirected to the user data form where I get an error message saying that my DOB is not valid :O(

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community