Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How does giftmessage.xml work? 

Valsinorb

Total Posts:  5
Belarus

Greetings,

I am confused a bit with giftmessage.xml. The purpose of <giftmessage_index_edit>, <giftmessage_index_save>, <giftmessage_index_remove> is obvious, but where are these handles called directly in the shop and when? The checkout.xml layer, which includes certain blocks for gift message processing shows how to add messages, but where can they be saved, edited or deleted?

Thanks in advance,
Bronislav.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

You will see this if you have allow gift messages turn on (Yes) in Sales (default is Yes)

It’s in the checkout, step 4, shipping method.
Do you have any gift items in your order?
[] Check this checkbox if you want to add gift messages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Valsinorb

Total Posts:  5
Belarus

chinesedream - 16 September 2008 12:54 AM

You will see this if you have allow gift messages turn on (Yes) in Sales (default is Yes)

It’s in the checkout, step 4, shipping method.
Do you have any gift items in your order?
[] Check this checkbox if you want to add gift messages.

Thanks, but that does not make the situation clear. I know, where to find gift messages, but I can’t find the page, where handles <giftmessage_index_edit>, <giftmessage_index_save>, <giftmessage_index_remove> activate.
In the checkout (shipment method selection) you can only write the gift messages and then submit your order in the end, but what about saving, deleting and editing?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community