Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Helpp!!!! Cache management

prags

Total Posts:  33

people help
I changed the chache management to disable and not there bunch of errors on home page
===========================
Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 227: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document in /home1/himalay3/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php on line 276
Trace:
#0 /home1/himalay3/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(276): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘simplexml_load_...’, ‘/home1/himalay3...’, 276, Array)
#1 /home1/himalay3/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout/Update.php(302): Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Update->fetchFileLayoutUpdates(’

============================================

not sure if this is relevant but before that i was just trying to include some links to home page so playing around with customer.xml and footer_links.phtml files…

now everything is a mess ... i hope i dont have to redo this all over agian…

i tried eabling the cache but did not help ...

help!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

prags

Total Posts:  33

never mind - it is working now ! this is what happens if you have half knowledge or in my case no knowledge of certain things .. still trying to develop a estore ! can someone please explain how cache management work or point in the right direction?

thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community