Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Checkout Table Rate shipping still not fixed in 1.1.5 (and 1.1.6)!! 

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

Another note - does using shopping cart price rules to set free shipping over X amount account for currency differences?
Not sure if Free Shipping activated in ‘Shipping Methods’ accounts for this either.

If I were to change my currency to e.g. Japanese YEN, then every order would qualify for free shipping, even though Japan couldn’t be further from my location and the item a low cost item!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

it appears you are making the assumption that i am only using flat rate shipping, and that by using shopping cart price rules i will get free shipping enabled above 50 currency units.

This is contrary to the way all other payments work - Table Rate enabled, then Free Shipping is enabled once the cart breaches a given value.
I think you have gone about resolving this in the wrong way.

It may work for some but for others where items of variable weight are to be shipped, this solution is useless, especially considering a working system using table rate / free shipping is in place (in shipping options).

Thanks for the effort but please do try again! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

AngelEyes

Total Posts:  74

Alex did you get Google adding shipping using tablerates or not?

I can’t even get to this stage and it is doing my head in.

I have ‘Merchant Calculated’ set to Yes.

‘Allowed methods’ set to tablerate.

I have to enter a default amount or I get an XML error in the cart. When a I do add a default amount then Google ignores the tablerate and applies the default shipping cost regardless of the weight.

Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

yes table rate works. you need an ssl certificate installed and ‘use ssl’ etc. enabled in google api (google checkout).

a customer appears to have fluked free shipping via google checkout.
feedback from people is very much welcome on google checkout free shipping over x amount using table rate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AngelEyes

Total Posts:  74

Thanks Alex,

I have mine configured as you suggest and following the Wiki.

If you do not add a value to the ‘default price’ undeer Allowed Methods, do you gext an error in the cart when you proceed to google checkout?

If I add a number in this field then this overides the tablerate somehow and no other amount is charge in google checkout regardless of the rules in the tablerate.

It seems so close but just won’t work.

Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Not sure - I don’t believe I have anything in that field. I have tried everything to get things working but removed all redundant values.

And I believe I jumped the gun on Google Checkout free shipping not working above x amount. It does indeed work for me. I have had a few orders go through successfuly.
This is great as this was key functionality.

I am glad to confirm table rate shipping does now work (enable and use SSL tho!) and so does free shipping above set amount. Shopping cart rules to that effect are not necessary - it does indeed take the values set in the shipping / google checkout setup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

More bugs.
First of all this one;

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/26325/

which leads to Google Checkout giving all transactions FREE SHIPPING!!

This is appalling - I have to email customers and ask for payment for shipping.
Please resolve asap.

Using 1.1.8

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

The majority of my Google Checkout transactions go through with free shipping at the moment.
I use the 1.1.6 /app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Mysql4/Carrier/Tablerate.php to import the tablerate.csv then switch to 1.1.8 Tablerate.php once the csv is imported.

I have set up Google Checkout set up to give free shipping over 50 gbp in the shipping options, not in the cart rules.

Please assist in solving why ALL my Google Checkout purchases since I tried to update the tablerate csv are going through with FREE SHIPPING.
This does not happen with paypal transactions!

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

btw I am not moving up to 1.2 yet as it appears to be even more buggy than 1.1.8, no matter how much i need some of the new functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

Can someone from Magento verify that this is supposed to be working and point us to a description of how to set it up? I need to be able to have free shipping through google checkout for orders over $50. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

chuender

Total Posts:  54

bytestorm - 20 November 2008 05:04 AM

hi,
just tested google checkout and free shipping on my copy, everything is ok
can you please review these screenshots and tell me where the differences or just post the same screenshots of your settings.

I believe your recommendation seemed to work because it causes a time out error in Google > Tools > Integration Console.  At least for me in 1.2.1.2, my order level promotion (set up the same way as indicated in your screen shoot) causes a Google Checkout read time out error: “Read timed out. Your server must respond faster to merchant calculation callback requests.” This time out error causes rates to be zero or default.  The strange thing is the error occurs even when the promotion is inactive, so unless it is completely deleted, promotions cause Google Checkout to error out.

BTW, without any promotions, my merchant calculated rates work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

On 1.3.1 now and Google Checkout continues to omit postage from time to time - most of the time it is added to an order, but on occasion orders go through with free shipping way below the 50 GBP free shipping threshold.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jattsingh

Total Posts:  65

has anyone figured this out yet?  I am trying to get it to work so that on orders over $49, google checkout displays an option for free ground shipping.... It is strang - when I go to google checkout form my site, the free option appears for one second, then disappears and I am only left with the options that have a cost associated to it..

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

I too need to get this figured out. I don’t understand why this isn’t an ‘out of the box’ feature for Magento. If they offer a free-shipping in the admin and they have a Google Checkout interface, why would they not make them compatible?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sterg17

Total Posts:  94

Same here....FREE SHIPPING for Google Checkout is NOT working with Magento...PLEASE HELP!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community