Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

attempting to create “Custom Options > Multi….”

theorchidguys

Total Posts:  17
Newton, Massachusetts, USA

Hello There --
I am trying to create a “simple product” in v1.1.5. I’m new, so… not sure what I’m doing wrong....

I enter the basic info, price, description, etc.

When I go to “Custom Options” and choose : “Add New Option”,
Choose “Input Type” > “Multiple Select”.

When I enter data and try to “Save”, I get a perpetual (I haven’t waited more than a few minutes but it keeps going and going...) “Please Wait...” dialog overlay on the screen.

I can copy the URL while the “Please Wait...” is being displayed.
I close the browser window (FireFox 3.0.1 and Safari 3.1.2 on Mac OS X), open a new browser window, paste the URL in and I can view the product details again.
If I click on “Custom Options” I will get the perpetual Please Wait… again.

It seems like some attribute or record is getting corrupted so that when I try to make this type of modification, the next time I try to modify it in the admin area, it hangs.

Am I doing something wrong?? I don’t think so!?? : )

Input is welcome.
-Todd

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

limesystems

Total Posts:  6
Plymouth Meeting, PA

Todd,
I am having the same problem, but only on some products.  I’ve looked at products that have ‘Custom Options’ that work, and those that have ‘Custom Option’ and cause the hanging, including logging all of the SQL when clicking on the ‘Custom Options’ tab and comparing the returned records, so far I can not find a difference.  I made sure the products have the same number of Options and Option values, but can’t determine why one hangs and the other doesn’t.

Did you have an luck finding a solution?

Thanks.
-Ken

Magento Community
Magento Community

theorchidguys

Total Posts:  17
Newton, Massachusetts, USA

Hi Ken --
No, I’ve not found a solution.

On one occasion I believe the problem was : I spent too much time “composing” my product and by the time I “submitted” the product I think my session had actually timed out!
I haven’t reported this as a bug (yet) but I do think it qualifies! It was a (sad) learning experience. There seems to be a lot of these types of things but the product’s advantages outweigh these, at this point.

It sounds like you’ve been looking into substantially greater detail of the logging of dbase transactions and such.. I’ve not gone to such lengths.

I would be very interested in hearing from someone that could give some insight into this. I realize my network connection can be quite fast sometimes and there may be delays at other times, but this “Please wait” delay is a killer. I would much prefer a dbase interface that sidesteps the browser interface. Needless to say I work on that during my “spare” time! (Using FileMaker with an ODBC connection to MySQL...)

Thanks for posting though, Ken!
-Todd

Magento Community
Magento Community

limesystems

Plymouth Meeting, PA

Well after much aggravation I believe I have identified the bug (at least the one I was having).

The problem is a having a drop down custom option with no values, this seems to confuse things and cause the Javascript to hang.

Unfortunately, since you can’t get to the options to add the value, it needs to be added to the database directly.

Steps I used are below, standard disclaimers applies, it worked in my situation, not sure if its the same for all.

SQLs I ran manually (the SQL is directly from Magento, it could be shorter I’m sure):

To Identify the option run (replace number in red with your product ID):
SELECT `main_table`.*, `default_option_title`.`title` AS `default_title`, `store_option_title`.`title` AS `store_title`, IFNULL(`store_option_title`.title,`default_option_title`.title) AS `title`, `default_option_price`.`price` AS `default_price`, `default_option_price`.`price_type` AS `default_price_type`, `store_option_price`.`price` AS `store_price`, `store_option_price`.`price_type` AS `store_price_type`, IFNULL(`store_option_price`.price,`default_option_price`.price) AS `price`, IFNULL(`store_option_price`.price_type,`default_option_price`.price_type) AS `price_type` FROM `catalog_product_option` AS `main_table`
INNER JOIN `catalog_product_option_title` AS `default_option_title` ON `default_option_title`.option_id=`main_table`.option_id
LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_option_title` AS `store_option_title` ON `store_option_title`.option_id=`main_table`.option_id AND `store_option_title`.store_id=0
LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_option_price` AS `default_option_price` ON `default_option_price`.option_id=`main_table`.option_id AND `default_option_price`.store_id=0
LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_option_price` AS `store_option_price` ON `store_option_price`.option_id=`main_table`.option_id AND `store_option_price`.store_id=0 WHERE (product_id = ’24‘) AND (`default_option_title`.store_id=0) ORDER BY sort_order ASC, title ASC

To get the option values run (replace the value in red with the option_id from above) :
SELECT `main_table`.*, `default_value_title`.`title` AS `default_title`, `store_value_title`.`title` AS `store_title`, IFNULL(`store_value_title`.title,`default_value_title`.title) AS `title`, `default_value_price`.`price` AS `default_price`, `default_value_price`.`price_type` AS `default_price_type`, `store_value_price`.`price` AS `store_price`, `store_value_price`.`price_type` AS `store_price_type`, IFNULL(`store_value_price`.price,`default_value_price`.price) AS `price`, IFNULL(`store_value_price`.price_type,`default_value_price`.price_type) AS `price_type` FROM `catalog_product_option_type_value` AS `main_table`
INNER JOIN `catalog_product_option_type_title` AS `default_value_title` ON `default_value_title`.option_type_id=`main_table`.option_type_id
LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_option_type_title` AS `store_value_title` ON `store_value_title`.option_type_id=`main_table`.option_type_id AND `store_value_title`.store_id=0
LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_option_type_price` AS `default_value_price` ON `default_value_price`.option_type_id=`main_table`.option_type_id AND `default_value_price`.store_id=0
LEFT JOIN `catalog_product_option_type_price` AS `store_value_price` ON `store_value_price`.option_type_id=`main_table`.option_type_id AND `store_value_price`.store_id=0 WHERE (`default_value_title`.store_id=0) AND (option_id in (‘31’, ‘96’, ‘97‘)) ORDER BY sort_order ASC, title ASC

If there is a row from #1 with a type of ‘drop_down’ that does not have a corresponding row in #2, that is the problem.

To add the values (value in red is the option_id in #1 but not in #2):
INSERT INTO `catalog_product_option_type_value` (`option_id`, `sku`, `sort_order`)
VALUES (’96‘, ‘’, 1)

To get the option_type_id, it should be the top of this query
Select * from `catalog_product_option_type_value` order by option_type_id desc

Now run (value in red from #3)
INSERT INTO `catalog_product_option_type_price` (`option_type_id`, `store_id`, `price`, `price_type`) VALUES (’181‘, ‘0’, ‘’, ‘fixed’)
INSERT INTO `catalog_product_option_type_title` (`option_type_id`, `store_id`, `title`) VALUES (’181’, ‘0’, ‘White’)

Magento Community
Magento Community

CreativeUnit

Total Posts:  1
Connecticut: USA

Hi everyone. Did this solve your issue? We have an instance of Magento installed and on any product the system hangs when selecting custom options. We can’t seem to get into the custom options for any of our products now.

Any assistance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

limesystems

Plymouth Meeting, PA

The SQL I describe in my last posting worked for my situation.  After running the first 2 SQLs did you have any options with missing custom option values?  This was reported as a defect #7481, but it does not appear assigned, although issues #8241 is similar and is marked as closed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community