Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalog Items Are Being Dropped

salbertson

Total Posts:  27

I have a magento install setup to serve multiple websites with different databases. The local.xml file is dynamically chosen based on the domain. In other words I have dynamic database swapping at load time.

I have a very big problem. Items from the catalog are dropping. I have a select query running against “catalog_product_entity” and the total records returned gets lower every minute or so.

I have no clue what is going on, there is no one logged in deleting items so what could it be? Is there some query caching going on that would be causing queries to be run on the last loaded database connection string? Is there a very bad bug in version 1.0x?

PLEASE any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mike222

Total Posts:  41
Austria

What version of Magento are you using exactly? There was a bug long time ago where products were deleted from the database when removed from the compare-panel. Use at least 1.0.19870.4.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Lake City, FL

@salbertson

Like mike22 asked, What version are you running?  This is a very important fact to know in this case.

Magento Community
Magento Community

salbertson

Lee Saferite - 16 September 2008 04:16 AM

@salbertson

Like mike22 asked, What version are you running?  This is a very important fact to know in this case.

I am using version 1.0.19700.

Magento Community
Magento Community

salbertson

mike222 - 15 September 2008 11:24 PM

What version of Magento are you using exactly? There was a bug long time ago where products were deleted from the database when removed from the compare-panel. Use at least 1.0.19870.4.

Hope this helps.

regards,

If I am running version 1.0.19700 would this be my problem? Is the compare panel the only area where products are deleted?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vinai

Total Posts:  218
Heidelberg, Germany

I believe so, yes and yes.
I definitely suggest upgrading magento. Hundreds of bugs where fixed since then.
You probably know this, but I’ll still mention it in case anybody else reads this, be sure to upgrade a development/testing server first before you upgrade your life machine.

Vinai

Magento Community
Magento Community

salbertson

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

That definitely was the issue. I upgraded to version 1.0.19870.6 and finally products are not dropping after clearing the compare list.

I didn’t upgrade all the way to the latest version because it looks like the database schema has changed and my current setups will not transfer easily.

Again, thanks for the help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community