Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Help: No links on the ADMIN SIDE

talofo

Total Posts:  35

After updating from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5 all my top main links don’t work. I can’t click at ANY menu item!

Talofo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

xactrecords

Total Posts:  80

I am having the same issue after I upgraded to 1.1.5

Magento Community
Magento Community

xactrecords

Total Posts:  80

This happens every upgrade.  Not sure why it does this.  I think it might be a cache issue but I can’t clear the cache without the menu working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skrambo

Total Posts:  21

Any fixes for this? This seems to be a regular issue.

Cheers,
Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

@xactrecords - see if you can navigate directly to http://magentostore.com/magento/index.php/admin/system_cache/ in the browser’s location bar to clear the cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skrambo

Total Posts:  21

Hi Seudo - I tried to refresh cache but when I select the save cache settings - nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikefifield

Total Posts:  49

I had this problem also but it turned out to be a permissions issue. I created a file to reset the permissions which seems have fixed the issue. Just upload it to the root of your server and load the page in your web browser.

Note i am not a security expert. Use this at your own risk smile

File Attachments
chmod.php  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 711)

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

@skrambo - if mikefifield solutions doesn’t work see if you can see if javascript files have been correctly installed? When I upgraded in the past 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 the javascript files where missing and the bundled products where all messed up.

If you are using firefox look at the tools > error console to see if there are not declared objects or other javascript errors.

If you do find missing js files do a manual download compare the js files in your theme directory to the downloaded one and upload the missing ones.

hope any of this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ylibrach

Total Posts:  78

We are having a similar issue on the backend. Our links at the top are working, however all the Grids are not functioning correctly (ie, no hand pointer when hovering over a row). Also, in Google Chrome, we cannot even click on the tab buttons on the left when editing a product. This was all working fine in 1.1.4…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dunc

Total Posts:  56

mikefifield - 15 September 2008 08:05 PM

I had this problem also but it turned out to be a permissions issue. I created a file to reset the permissions which seems have fixed the issue. Just upload it to the root of your server and load the page in your web browser.

Note i am not a security expert. Use this at your own risk smile

Thanks Mike, this fixed the problem for me, I thought it was something to do with the permissions as I had this problem on the first install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

talofo

I’ve also found the solution yesterday and it was also a permission issue.
IMO, somehow the upgrade script change the permissions of some of our folders or files to 666 or 777.
If your host doesn’t support this permissions, you must manually change them. I have change permissions to 775, and it rocks.

The problem is that this WILL happens each time we make an update, so maybe mikes solutions its the best for now. But I still I hope that Magento team updates their update script to not change the permissions on our folders or files.

Talofo

Magento Community
Magento Community

dankoz

Total Posts:  20

the permissions thing fixed it for me to, thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

talofo - 15 September 2008 11:16 PM

The problem is that this WILL happens each time we make an update, so maybe mikes solutions its the best for now. But I still I hope that Magento team updates their update script to not change the permissions on our folders or files.

I’m afraid that there’s no “silver bullet” for this. Different hosts might have different specific requirements. The defaults work fine on most hosts though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

talofo

@Michael. The silver bullet, immo, is interaction.

We start the script and, at same point we get:

We are going to change the permissions to some folders and files to 777 and 666.
Do you want to proceed?
Yes.
No. (I’m running SuExec on my host, or my host does not support it, please try without changing them.).

Something like this.  smile ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

eagleeyed

Total Posts:  32

For me it was a permissions thing.

That script posted above will not run with host due to security limitations, so had to set it manually via ftp.  Same result.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brownleather

Total Posts:  2

You can correct the permissions using SSH.

Enter the snippet below in the command line.

find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; && find ./ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3