Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What is the easiest / fasted payment method to get online with magento? 

keeka23

Total Posts:  1

Hi. Ive looked at all the features and tried out the demo and i can see that Magento is a very cool and robust system.  However, this is my first ecommerce site (ive done many other types of sites before though) for a customer and i just want to know the easiest way to get online fast.  I am so confused by whether or not i need a payment gateway AND and merchant account (2checkout.com tells me i dont need a merchant account, just them...)

i saw that i can get hosting through a Magento Partner and they will install magento for me - that is an easy and great first step. 

but beyond that, im confused.

can someone tell me if all i need is 2checkout.com and this hosting partner and i can have an online store and accept credit cards and get the money in my bank account?

Thank you very much.  Its very frustrating to try to figure this out. i wish there were a “roadmap” to having an online store with Magento, or a “requirements” list similar to the hosting requiremetns list that spelled out what you need to have in order to have an ecommerce store.

Much Appreciated,
e

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

authorize.net is both well known and very reliable. It should be pretty easy to set up since Magento comes with the payment system for it installed.

It has a monthly cost, however.

If you need something cheaper, paypal is easy rasberry

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community