Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Warning: Parameter 3 to PEAR_Task_Replace::validateXml() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\magento\downloader\pearlib\php\PEAR\Pa

pixel-life

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

When I try to install an extension by using Magento Connect I get the following error:

Warning: Parameter 3 to PEAR_Task_Replace::validateXml() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\magento\downloader\pearlib\php\PEAR\PackageFile\v2\Validator.php on line 1143

Can any one help me?
Is there any other way to install extensions in Magento?

Regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lausianne

Total Posts:  82

same problem for me. also on WAMP.

Solution here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/news.php/viewthread/51257/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mobileciti

Total Posts:  6

I have same problem, I fixed with below:

1. downgrade PHP5.3x to PHP5.2
2. upgrade ok
You may get a 500 error after refresh, and you get the same on your regular admin page and your storefront, you may need to change permissions on your .php files. SSH into your server, navigate to your Magento directory, and check the permissions on index.php. If may have been changed from 644 (rw-r-r) to 666 (rw-rw-rw) during the install.

Hope this will help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community