Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t view order details in admin

grasshopperus

Total Posts:  2

using 1.1.4, I login to admin and go to Sales > Orders.  It brings up the list of orders but when click “View” on a specific order, it just goes to a blank page.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

portalshop

Total Posts:  3

Did you find a cause and/or solution? I encountered the same issue. Strangely enough this only happens on my remote server. On the local (wamp) server everything works fine, running the exact same version of magento (1.1.4)

Magento Community
Magento Community

grasshopperus

Total Posts:  2

Yes I did.  The solution?  Dropping magento and using CubeCart 4 instead.  I spent several weeks trying to figure out magento’s RIDICULOUS skinning paradigm as well as their overly complex admin pages.  Any time I thought I got anywhere near having magento figured out and my store close to being ready to launch, I’d find crazy little qwerks like this (and this wasn’t the only one.  Tried making your one page checkout a one column page?  yeah, it breaks the entire checkout process because ajax can’t find an element that was in one of the sidebars).

Sorry for being negative on magento’s forum, but I just don’t think magento is mature enough of a product yet.  True, CubeCart is not free, but the cost of the cart (less than $200) is far less than the than the cost of the hours you’ll spend trying to learn and tweek magento. 

From the time I downloaded the CubeCart free trial version until the time I had it installed on my server, admin configured, skinned seamlessly with my website (something I never fully achieved with magento), and had test orders successfully run through my paypal pro sandbox—it was only about 5-6 hours.  Yes, HOURS.  Not days or weeks.  And CubeCart pages are so much faster in the browser I can’t hardly even stand it.  CubeCart is $180 for the software license and copyright removal license.  If you don’t mind having your site say “Powered by CubeCart” at the bottom of pages, it’s only $130.  CubeCart is so ridiculously simple yet intuitive and powerful.  Do yourself a favor - drop magento and check out CubeCart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sweeperq

Total Posts:  4

I am having this same exact issue with 1.1.6.  When I look at the underlying HTML for the page it just outputs:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I was very excited about Magento and was taking the time to even learn the templating system.  But I am finding little problems like this all over the place.  Unfortunately this is a showstopper.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sweeperq

Total Posts:  4

Found an answer.  I had disabled cache during my initial site design.  It appears that once the cache was re-enabled and flushed the admin started working properly again.  Don’t know enough about the system to tell you why though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

portalshop

Total Posts:  3

@grasshopperus: i understand your reasoning, but unfortunately I’m way past the point of no return.

In the meantime I upgraded to 1.1.6 but that didn’t fix it, nor the solution that sweeperq found. You know what’s especially strange? With cache enabled, I get a completely blank page, even the source is blank. With all cache disabled I get a page with the Information tab visible, but nothing else. When I then look at the source, I see all the order details in a hidden div.

On my wamp server, where I run an exact copy off the remote server, everything works fine. One difference between the local test server and the remote production server is the allocated memory for PHP. On the remote (shared) server, PHP has only 16M available, while on the local no less then 128M. Could the lack of allocated memory cause blank pages? If so: would the required 32M solve the issue (in another thread I read about how increasing to even 64M wasn’t solving it.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

fishnut

Total Posts:  45

did anyone find a solution to this?  I am having the same issue and it is almost a dealbreaker for me too.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community