Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 6 of 6
Importing Images via CSV file

panderson

Total Posts:  19

Put the images into the /media/import folder
Put the image name in your CSV file under the following columns – image, small_image and thumbnail in the format /myimagename.jpg (notice the forward slash).

Here is the link : http://blog.avesinfotech.com/importing-images-via-csv-file-in-magento

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

To prevent the exclude check box from being checked on upload this Product Model file needs to be edited.

Magento Community
Magento Community

djc225

Total Posts:  15

is there another place to ftp the images to?  I dont have the media/import directory.

i did an export and i show my current images under media/catalog/product and in there it looks like magento automatically creates a two level path based on the first two letters of the file name.  There’s no way i can go create the respective folders for each and every image if i follow the export pattern.  There must be some folder where i can just dump everything?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

@djc225

In the words of a popular PBS Children’s program, “Just try it!”

Since you don’t mention the version of Magento you’re using, we’ll assume it works like all the others that use import/export profiles and looks for import images in media/import.

Create a folder import under your media/ folder and see if it imports the images into your media folders. Make sure it has 777 permissions so the web server can work with the files you place there.

No, you don’t want to be messing with something that Magento does automatically (store id number with two alphanumeric subfolders storage).

Magento Community
Magento Community

sunny_ajs

Total Posts:  2

Hi Mike,

Thanks buddy..quite working… It was really a tough head hitting situation exploring through the web for a solution of this topic.
I really would like to say “Thank You” for this post smile

grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

sergiy90

Total Posts:  20

Hello! I hope I will help you somehow. I import my products to store with the help of the import service. Very cool and fast really)

It imports images too, but unfortunately you cant import only images… you need also to import 4 obligatary fields. Products ID, NAme, Descr and Price

hope that helped somehow)

Magento Community
Magento Community

SoftProdigyIN

Total Posts:  4

Hello All

Just thought to share with you guys there there is a free extension developed that works flawlessly now for this purpose. See this

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/import-multiple-products-images-using-csv.html

Hope this helps someone looking for a solution here.

Thanks
SoftProdigy

Magento Community
Magento Community

christinavick
Guru

Total Posts:  355

Hi,

You can check this thread also for importing images via CSV file http://www.meteorify.com/2012/05/importing-product-images-via-csv-in-magento-1-7-0-0/

Thanks

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community

orangutangle

Brighton, UK

christinavick - 29 January 2014 02:55 AM

Hi,
You can check this thread also for importing images via CSV file http://www.meteorify.com/2012/05/importing-product-images-via-csv-in-magento-1-7-0-0/

This post really helped me out, thanks. But this method of importing adds an image to the product. If there is already (the same) image there, it adds a duplicate entry in the database, and places a copy of the image file (with extension filename_2.jpg etc.) in the /media/content/product folder. I’d really like to know if there’s a way to prevent this happening i.e. replacing imported images with the same filename.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jestore

Total Posts:  31
UK

Hi All,

As long as you have sku related image names adding multiple images per product in bulk is possible and not too time consuming with stock Magento Dataflow, I have put together a step by step guide on importing using CSV’s and Dataflow, the part about images is near the bottom: http://www.harkmedia.co.uk/magento/magneto-dataflow-and-csv-uploads/

There are also a couple of sample spreadsheets on their too, may also help with other Dataflow upload issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

orangutangle

Brighton, UK

Thanks Jestore, that is useful for adding multiple images to a single product via CSV. But how do you prevent the image duplication when performing multiple imports (for instance for weekly updates)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsilavi

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

Help me about this topic:

See my steps i used for this:

1. first of all i exported My all products csv from admin.
2. i cleared down the existing products from here so now i got the format to insert my products data.
3. now i filled all the information according to the options.
4. i entered these three field value regarding the image:

small_image
thumbnail
My image is this :  /ts-05-holi-m.jpg
i entered it like this just the slash and image name.

5. Now i goes to the media folder on root and under this i created folder import and then i entered my image to this folder using cpanel.
6. now i imported my CSV through admin with a single product.
7. managed cache and index.
8. now searched the product under products and i am not getting my images here…

what is all this i did the same procedure defined everywhere…

now what is the solution.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

MLX_STORE

Total Posts:  18
Viet Nam

Hi all,
Please use extension Export/import bulk product. It’s allow you import/export gallery images, group price, tier price, etc…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 6 of 6