Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Free shipping using Auspost postcodes

Bealz

Total Posts:  1

Hi guys,

I have just changed our delivery charge to a flat rate Australia wide but need to offer our Sydney metro customers FREE shipping (sorry, all other States- it’s just that I can make more efficient use of our existing delivery options in Sydney).

Is there an extension that we can use to achieve this?

I’m assuming that the Auspost postcode csv file can be used somehow. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Bealz

www.ubergoodness.com.au

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

If you are wanting to simply filter by postcode, then if the built tablerates doesn’t do it (can’t remember, it’s been so long since I looked at that module!), then this extension will: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/604/auctionmaid-matrixrate

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

creativelifeform

Total Posts:  77
Sydney, Australia

Hi NeilA,

we’re the developers for Bealz’ store (Ubergoodness). Thanks for your reply, we’ve installed the AuctionMaid extension and configured it correctly, but we’re having some strange issues.

Basically we have 3 conditions for shipping

1. Local customers get free shipping
2. Interstate customers get a flat shipping rate fee
3. Any customers with an order over $120 gets free shipping

We’ve set up the CSV file and imported it with the Auctionmaid extension and everything seems to be working fine. The problem is, that some customers have visited from out of state and been shown the Free Shipping options that are only available to local customers. The really weird thing is, that when we go through and perform a check, using the same details the customer entered, we are shown the correct flat rate shipping price.

I really don’t know why this would be happening, my only guess is that something in the CSV file isn’t correct, or there is a conflict between extensions perhaps. Its very difficult to bug check when different users see different results, and for us it simply works.

Have you had any issues with it at all?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

Hi there,
A few questions:

So are you filtering on postcodes?
Do you have any other shipping modules active?
Do you have any coupons active (or other promotional rules)?
Are you 100% sure the interstate customer is entering the right info? wink

I haven’t encountered the same kind of problem, but my use of Matrixrates is very simple as it just handles a secondary shipping option (eParcel being my primary shipping).

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

creativelifeform

Sydney, Australia

Hi NeilA,

thanks for your help!

yes we are filtering on postcodes. We have one other native shipping module active which gives free shipping for orders over $120, regardless of location. No other promotional coupons.

In terms of the customer info...seeing as this is based on postcodes...I can’t really see how they can get it wrong. They enter a postcode, that gets passed to the extension, the extension checks it against the CSV, extension returns an option. To me its so basic and logically I can’t see where any issue might happen.

I’ve just checked the back end and I had Price vs Destination (not # of items vs destination) selected, but on the CSV I have #Items from / #Items to for the 6th and 7th columns. Perhaps that caused some problems...of course I have no way of checking since I never saw any errors in the first place...sigh…

Another issue is that we want to offer free shipping for orders over $120. The Auctionmaid Extension has an option for this, and I’ve enabled it. I’ve also entered the minimum order amount for that section to be 120.

However when I go through the ordering process, put in the details and order over $120 worth of stuff, that option doesn’t appear…

UPDATE: I’m noticing discrepancies based on checking out as a Guest vs a Registered User. I wonder if that is causing a problem…

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

I probably don’t have much to offer by way of suggestions - but if you contact Karen - the Matrixrates author, she is extraordinarily helpful in debugging.
I suspect the Guest v Registered problem is a different one. This is a pure guess, but I wonder if there is a session problem behind that?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

creativelifeform

Sydney, Australia

Hi Neil,

thanks for the reply again. After testing we seem to be having pretty random problems. I will contact Karen today and see if she can provide some insight into why this might be happening.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdelleAverill

Total Posts:  2

Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community