Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I get the product id on shipping module? 

PedroTeixeira

Total Posts:  136
Berlin, Germany

Hi guys,

Sorry for my English, I’m from Brazil.

I’m developing the shipping module for a Brazilian carrier and we have an exception here, the module has three carriers, and just one can post products with more than 1,50 centimeters.

For doing this I have to get the width and height of all the products in the cart and look for it in all Magento forum and I haven’t found anything.

Does anybody know how I get the width and/or height variable in the shipping module?

If no one knows, I have another solution: select the products that can’t use this carrier, to do that, I need to know the products id’s and this is another question, how do I get the products id in the shopping cart on the shipping module?

That’s all!

Thanks to all!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cwpollock

Total Posts:  117
Rochester, NY

This is how I got at a custom attribute from the shipping module in the collectRates function

$_items $request->getAllItems();

foreach (
$_items as $_item)
{
          $_prod_id 
$_item->getProductId();

// get the attributes of a product

$product Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($_prod_id); 

$shipping_type $product->getResource()->getAttribute('shipping_flag')->getFrontend()->getValue($product);

// ... more stuff here... 

}

Magento Community
Magento Community

PedroTeixeira

Berlin, Germany

Hi cwpollock,

Thank you very very much!

As soon as I test the code I post the feedback here.

Thank’s again!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PedroTeixeira

Berlin, Germany

Hi cwpollock,

Sorry to bother you.

I try this:

$_items = $request->getAllItems();

foreach ($_items as $_item)
{
$_prod_id = $_item->getProductId();
echo $_prod_id . “<br />”;
}

And the return is:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/community/Exportafacil/Shipping/Model/Carrier/ExportaPost.php on line 106
Trace:
#0 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/community/Exportafacil/Shipping/Model/Carrier/ExportaPost.php(106): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘Invalid argumen...’, ‘/home/universoe...’, 106, Array)
#1 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(132): Exportafacil_Shipping_Model_Carrier_ExportaPost->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#2 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(101): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectCarrierRates(’exportapost’, Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#3 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(463): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#4 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address/Total/Shipping.php(59): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectShippingRates()
#5 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(517): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address_Total_Shipping->collect(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address))
#6 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php(841): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectTotals()
#7 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Cart.php(395): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->collectTotals()
#8 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/CartController.php(71): Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart->save()
#9 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Checkout_CartController->indexAction()
#10 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(159): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#11 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#13 /home/universoexecutivo/public_html/index.php(40): Mage::run()
#14 {main}

What I made wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

PedroTeixeira

Berlin, Germany

No one is gonna help me?

I realy need this.

Thank’s!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonshawver

Total Posts:  7

I know this post is ancient but that code just worked a treat on 1.7.0.2 thanks @cwpollock

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community