Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help! Admin order creation : can’t submit order in 1.4.0.1

studio2f

Total Posts:  43

The upgrade to 1.4.0.1 from 1.3 went smoothly for us. We’ve been taking customer orders on the front-end without any issues. Today we tried to place our first admin order-- and it won’t submit.

Using the “Submit Order” button on the Admin New Order form with a required fields (credit card number, etc) missing, the page reloads with the field highlighted that we’re missing-- but when everything is complete and filled in, the “Submit Order” button will not submit the order. The button just isn’t doing anything.

While we have a custom front-end theme, we’re using the stock Magento admin theme without any modifications. The “Submit Order” button on the admin screen isn’t kicking out any javascript errors in Firebug and there’s nothing in the Magento logs.

I’m not a javascript whiz-- so I’m not sure how to troubleshoot or debug this. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gunas108

Total Posts:  10

Having a similar problem here.
The “submit invoice” button or “submit shipment” buttons are not doing anything.
Thats a bit strange.

Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers Gunnar

Magento Community
Magento Community

studio2f

I’m glad I’m not the only one. We still don’t have a fix. Our “submit shipment” button works. It’s just the “submit invoice” button that’s having the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gunas108

i wonder if it is a js problem. but where would that be found???

Magento Community
Magento Community

gunas108

It’s working for me again.
Here is what i did.
- at first i had my old 1.3 js folder in the topmost directory installed. i replaced that again with the standard 1.4 (but nothing happend)
- rebuild all indexes in Index Management
- activated and turned on all caches in Cache Management.
After that the buttons worked again.
Hope that might help somebody in the future.

Cheers Gunnar

Magento Community
Magento Community

studio2f

That didn’t work for us.

To confirm-- our problem is submitting an order created by the admin. Customer orders placed through the front-end are fine… and the admin can “submit invoice” on any customer placed front-end order

Orders created from scratch by the admin using “Create New Order” cannot be submitted.

We still need some help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

SkylerDesign

Total Posts:  8

Did anybody find a resolution for this issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SkylerDesign

Total Posts:  8

We were able to resolve the issue by adding:

<action method="addJs"><script>lib/ccard.js</script></action>

to BOTH page.xml (for the front-end processing) and main.xml (for processing orders through the admin).

Magento Community
Magento Community

kajal

Total Posts:  60

This is an old thread but this would be helpful.
If someone is still having an issue with the invoice page, Do the following (I am using 1.7):

in db run query \’select * from core_config_data WHERE path like \"carriers/% \’;
You will get a list of rows, these are the rows that needs to be deleted.
Delete all the rows :
\’delete from core_config_data WHERE path like \"carriers/% \’;

In my case, I am using a custom shipping module created by yourself and did a lot R&D;to make it work so in result, created and deleted many modules, removed them from etc and local but not from the database.

Happy coding!  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community