Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

The only one with a Forum search problem? 

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

If I click on

“View all posts by this member” or “unanswered threads” or “latest posts”

all I get is this

temporary disabled

How do people find their own post now, do you have to subscribe to every post you make?

Image Attachments
forum1.JPGforum2.JPGforum3.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

samm

Total Posts:  29

Yes, it is also known problem. Some forum functionality was depend on (disabled) search internal function. Now we are working to optimize existing code and then, after this, search function (and all other site parts used it, of course) will be reimplemented.

I know that such limitations are annoying, but its better then downtime because of spam and DoS attacks smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Samm, we were able to over come our performance issues including some attacks in a day.  It should take you weeks to accomplish this.

Our load for customer often exceeds 1000 people for unique user session, and we are now at 3-5% cpu usage. Surely your forum can’t be more server intensive than Magento?!

Magento Community
Magento Community

samm

Total Posts:  29

I am not authorized to open magentocommerce.com statisitcal data, but for sure - there are a lot of users, much more then most magento installations has smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Thank you for the quick response, can you post here when everything is up and running again?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community