Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to save additional billing information

PavelPolyakov

Total Posts:  98

Hi,

Please give an advice, how to save additional billing information.
This information is required for all payment or shipping methods, so it can’t be stored in this methods (classes).

I just want to add 3 new fields and than be available to use it in my modules. (click to see what I mean).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Take a look at this wiki

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/doc/installing_custom_attributes_with_your_module

Magento Community
Magento Community

PavelPolyakov

Total Posts:  98

Hi again, thank you for your previous inormation.

Since that time I have created EAV those I need, but now I have a problem about how to save them.

I downloaded this module http://kernelhack.com/?p=37 and looked throught it. This is great and easy example if you want to add an additional information to the order.

But I meet a problem - basicaly I can add fields only to the last page of the ‘onepage checkout’ process.
Because my helper is listening for ‘checkout_type_onepage_save_order’ event.

But I need to save an additional information on the billing ‘page’.
I can’t find event from that action (saveBillingAction I beliave).

What to do?

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community