Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Attribute Causing SQLSTATE[23000] Errors. 

N Lopez

Total Posts:  94

I have a problem with a specific product attribute I created just before upgrading to 1.4 and after moving to 1.4.0.1 y realized the attribute was missing.

The problem is: This attribute is NOT listed in the admin panel Manage Attributes section but if I try to create a new attribute with the same Code (material_calzado) I get the error message saying that attribute code already exists. And if I try to filter the attributes by Scope, Comparable....etc.  I get something like:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1052 Column is_global\\\\\\\’ in order clause is ambiguous.

This error is similar to what I get when I try to access the System/Configuration having the Enhanced Admin Products Grid extension installed.

I found this attribute (material_calzado) exists in the Data Base eav_attribute table (id 986). Is it safe just to delete this entry directly in the DB? Or can this be an indication of a bigger problem?
Do I need to delete other entries in different tables?

Please Help.

Nicolas

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

N Lopez

Total Posts:  94

Can somebody give me a detailed instruction on how to delete an attribute directly in the Data Base? I have zero experience working with Data Bases.

Thank You for your help.

Nicolas Lopez

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community