Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

error message on frontend after reindex data

coolest1

Total Posts:  15

Hi,

I recently upgraded my store to magento 1.4.0.1 stable version.
My products were not shown on the frontend at all while all products were still there at the backend.
So I go to the system > Index Management > and reindex everything as I read some threads on this forum.
but the problem is whenever I click on the category tabs to see the products on frontend, an error message comes up as
“There has been an error processing your requestException printing is disabled by default for security reasons.”

I’m not sure if this helps you to help me, but
I’ve reindexed in the mode’update on save’ and all are green as ‘ready’ now.
Cache management -all red as ‘disabled’

Does anyone have had similar problem as mine? Please help me!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

www.HexUK.com

Total Posts:  78
Liverpool, England, UK

coolest1 - 18 March 2010 09:07 PM

Hi,

I recently upgraded my store to magento 1.4.0.1 stable version.
My products were not shown on the frontend at all while all products were still there at the backend.
So I go to the system > Index Management > and reindex everything as I read some threads on this forum.
but the problem is whenever I click on the category tabs to see the products on frontend, an error message comes up as
“There has been an error processing your requestException printing is disabled by default for security reasons.”

I’m not sure if this helps you to help me, but
I’ve reindexed in the mode’update on save’ and all are green as ‘ready’ now.
Cache management -all red as ‘disabled’

Does anyone have had similar problem as mine? Please help me!

Rename the file app/etc/local.xml.sample to local.xml

Refresh your site and now your error will be displayed.

Let me know what the error is.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coolest1

Thanks, www.HexUK.com,

Having read your reply, I tried to login to my cpanel but it led me nowhere, 404 Not Found page.
Does this mean that the installation somehow went wrong?
Sorry that I sound so dumb but I never had a cpanel problem before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

www.HexUK.com

Liverpool, England, UK

Well I myself have never concurred a cPanel error 404. Did you rename the local.xml file to see what the error was ? 1.4 hides the errors for security so a rename is important. Hopefully this will help us more.

And for me, when I upgraded to 1.4 I used Magento Connect, my PEAR process was inturupted and deemed my project useless.

I moved my 1.3 store to a new folder (magento old) and installed 1.4 manually onto the server. I created a new database (magento2) and installed using that database. Once 1.4 was installed I pointed 1.4 to my OLD database and progress was underway.

After that it was a matter of moving the old products from the 1.3 back up folder to the 1.4 folder. Also, I use f002 (Classic Theme) and these files were again just copied into 1.4.

Hopefully we can fix your error before you have to try this, this is just my “dirty” solution.

Regards, Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

coolest1

Thanks, Mark,
and I’m sorry that you have been through all those things.

Maybe I should do the same thing, it seems very demanding but it’s the only option I can think of at the moment.

Best Regards,
C

Magento Community
Magento Community

www.HexUK.com

Liverpool, England, UK

coolest1 - 19 March 2010 09:16 PM

Thanks, Mark,
and I’m sorry that you have been through all those things.

Maybe I should do the same thing, it seems very demanding but it’s the only option I can think of at the moment.

Best Regards,
C

Yes it does seem a pain to do it this way. It is the safest way I could find as I have worked on websites for a long time and losing data is my worst fear. Restarting the whole process would cost weeks of work. This way is a few hours at best.

Good luck with it and let me know if I can help with any problems you get.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community