Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Applying Coupon

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

I have been thru several attempts with this and am really stumped.  I want to apply a discount coupon code if the product is from either of the three categories shown..  Yet it says the code is not valid when you apply it in the cart.  Can anybody see whats wrong with this? Seems kind of simple, but I sure must be missing something. 

I do have it active, and dated starting today for one week.  And 5 uses per cupon, and 2 uses per customer.

Pls see attached.  Thanks for any help.  Maybe my mind isn’t logical. smile

Image Attachments
weird.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Does anybody have any input on this please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Total Posts:  336

Hello Anna, have you tried using ‘is one of’ an then the categories separated by commas?
Try as i will show to you in the attachment, it may be helpful smile

Image Attachments
Cart-Rule.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Tomas,thank you for that suggestion. I did it just as you show, but it still says
Coupon code “SMZDISCOUNT” is not valid.

Puzzling. I am using 1.1.4 Mageneto picked those cat numbers when I inititally selected teh cats from a dropdwon tree while setting it up., so one must assume they are the right cat numbers.  Made sure of teh spelling of the code, all upper case etc.  Seems like it would be ez, but something I am missing.

I did make a general one that gives 10$ to all, and that works, but no cinditions set to it.  I also am not trying to use that one the same time as I use this smzdiscount one.  Can you think of any other ideas?  I appreciate the help.

oh wait, I am confusing sites, this site is at verson 1.0.19870 Was this not working fully in that version?  Been scared to upgrade it as its a live site. smile)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Hi Anna, yes it looks like it’s one bug that is planned to be resolved for 1.1.5 release, i’m sorry i forgot about it.
Please see on our issue Roadmap http://www.magentocommerce.com/roadmap/release/1.1.5 it would be Issue #6803 blank stare

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

ah ok, good. At least I know I am not crazy. Well maybe I can’t say that but… LOL

Any notion when 1.1.5 is planned?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Unfortunately I can’t say when it will be released, but I Can say it’s right around the corner wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Gotcha. Thanks for you help. I appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sebastian G
Guru

Anna now that is Official i can say, Magento 1.1.5 IS available for download smile
You can find it as usual at http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/magento-version-115-now-available/

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Great! Thanks.  Here we go again. smile I have it down to a science now, have put the images and templates I need to replace in a searate place in the same folder paths so it makes it easier.  I never have understood magento connect or svn, so just upload the whole new thing, then replace my logos, templates and what not. 

I hope someday an update will simply be only the files that are changed so we don’t have to go thru all that stuff.  I can’t figure out why you don’t do it that way, but imagine there is good reason for it.

Thanks for the info.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielking

Total Posts:  6

@magento team: Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I’m working on a Magento ver. 1.0.19870.4 and I can’t upgrade.
It’s possibly to apply a manual fix to bug #6803 instead of upgrade to another version?

regards,
Daniel

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community