Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

My feedback on Magento

tinotriste

Total Posts:  21
Bolton, UK

First of all, I’d like to thank the Magento team for your efforts in developing this open source software which will surely become a market leader in the eCommerce CMS playing field.

I have developed web sites with Joomla’s Virtuemart, ZenCart, Shopify (commercial) and OsCommerce.
Magento is by far the best.

I have to admit that encountered a few problems at first, some of them crippled my installation completely and had to re-install Magento twice.
Magento’s architecture seems tricky at first but the docs, forums and screencasts got me up to speed quite quickly.

I can’t stop saying WOW! now. Honestly in 4 days I have got my latest project at the same developmental level as a month and half working in the same project in OsCommerce.

I really recommend it to anyone.

Keep up the good work guys! wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks @tinotriste - We appreciate the kind words!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tinotriste

Bolton, UK

No problem @RoyRubin. My pleasure!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Great to see you having a pleasant experience with Magento.
Don’t stop recommending to anybody you know. I am not planning to slow down either. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrtech

Total Posts:  87

i am coming of the world of MS where we are using asp.net i am in the middle of developing now a project http://www.officegrabs.com and when i came across magento i installed is as a test and decided to move over to work with PHP
my knowledge in php is very poor but looking on the features and the architect that the magento system has i decided to move over to magento i am still looking for a partner to help me with the migration but i will for sure mover over to maganto

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jordi Oller

Total Posts:  1
Barcelona

Not true at all.

Still need more community, the software is important, but the comunity too. Please effort the community…

Take out the keys to download contributions, and the magento connect is very problematic (dramathic) in a lot of servers.

Regards from spain.
There is a lot of work to do!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tinotriste

Bolton, UK

Yeah magento’s extension system should be truly open!
The community is good considering that is a fairly new software. As more people use the software the community will follow.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community