Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Users Views Be Restricted To Store View Only

PaulieG27

Total Posts:  1

Was just wondering if it is possible to add a store view and add users to that store, but restrict their viewings to only that store. I know I can restrict users views to different pages, but for example I want that user to be able to add products to ‘Store X’ but not be able to add products to “Store Y” or “Store Z”. Same concept applies for other pages also such as reports / orders.

Hopefully I have made some sense.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

John Paul Grant

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sww_developer

Total Posts:  2

BUMP, does anyone know anything about this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

PaulieG27 - 14 September 2008 12:53 AM

Was just wondering if it is possible to add a store view and add users to that store, but restrict their viewings to only that store. I know I can restrict users views to different pages, but for example I want that user to be able to add products to ‘Store X’ but not be able to add products to “Store Y” or “Store Z”. Same concept applies for other pages also such as reports / orders.

Hopefully I have made some sense.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

John Paul Grant

If you are looking to limit access to the admin section based on store, this is not currently possible.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community