Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image attachment

posternutbag

Total Posts:  3

I can’t get images to attach to my products.  I browse for the images I want, and try to upload them.  Everything seems to go okay, but the image doesn’t attach. 

Anyone have this problem and/or a solution?  Thanks very much.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SpringMountain

Total Posts:  20
Napa Valley, CA

Oom Pa Pa,

Not exactly sure the issue here, but have you tried to export your product database and see if the images are listed there?

When you are pointing to the files, do you complete the upload of the product images by clicking “upload files” after browsing for them?

Go to Catalog>Manage Products. Click on an image you uploaded images to and check the product images tab on the left. Are your images there? Have they been assigned to 1 of the 3 sizings offered? Are you uploading standard jpeg images?

I personally upload all images via a csv. 2 sized files, 530 x 478 for the main image and 135 x 135 for the other 2. Magento auto resizes the thumbnail from the small image well, there is no change in proportion.

“There’s a dog in the station, contemplating rotation, as a form of recreation and play”
A Dog.

Enjoy!

Jay

Magento Community
Magento Community

posternutbag

The upload does complete, but then when I go to save the new configuration, the image thumbnail does not appear.  And I’ve looked at the front end, and it’s not attached. 

They are standard jpegs....

Magento Community
Magento Community

posternutbag

Do you mind walking me through the csv thing to import the images?… I’m new to this! 

Thanks so much for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpringMountain

Total Posts:  20
Napa Valley, CA

1st, export your spreadsheet from admin>system>import/export>profiles Export all products, and “run profile”. The file ends up in magento>var>export. search the forum to find out how to do this in detail.

open your csv file and you’ll see 3 of the columns relate to images.
have 2 images ready, 1 at 530 x 478 (or half that if your images are too small), and 1 at 135 x 135 for both the small image and thumbnail. I put the letter ‘s’ in front of the small images and that keeps things pretty sane for me.

//*take a moment to think about properly naming your image files to work best with Magento. If you are using skus, I recommend seeing how * magento puts your image file in a folder that depends on the first few letters of the filename.
*say you have a product Red Rocks 82893 with 2 images ready.
*if you name your files redrocks82893.jpg + redrocks82893s.jpg, redrocks61194.jpg, redrocks61095.jpg, they will all be in a folder and saved as: r/e/redrocks82893.jpg. Magento takes the 1st 2 characters of the file name and puts them in the respective folder, this is case sensitive.
*therefore, if you have a similar part of a SKU for all products in a given group, it is best to have that at the beginning of your file so that all *images of its kind are put in the same folder for future reference. if you titled your files with the variable part of the sku first, 82893redrocks, there would be no method to the madness.
*//

-Upload your images to magento>media>import
-Run a profile similar to export all products that is called import all products (you need to upload the file 1st then run the profile based on that file).

This should present a whole new set of questions but should get you going. Try digging through the forums (how to and design, css are going to relate the most to you right now).

If you are really having technical issues w/ uploading your jpegs, you may want to check your installation and make sure you have all of that straightened out first.

Cheers! Jay

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community