Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dreamhost problems with 1.1.4? 

hulabula

Total Posts:  16

I installed 1.1.3 on Dreamhost just fine some weeks ago.  It was really amazing, outside of a one-click install program it was the easiest install I ever had.  But I tried upgrading to 1.1.4 and everything has gone pear shaped.

Any ideas on why 1.1.4 and Dreamhost don’t work well whilst 1.1.3 did?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

May I know what has gone wrong?
Do you get any error message or anything else?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hulabula

I tried upgrading the 1.1.3 through the connect manager in the Magento backend.  It ended up taking me a “download/install” page from which it wouldn’t move on at all.  Ended up deleting the entire installation and trying again fresh but every time has created new errors.  Sometimes the error changes but usually I just get a blank screen with this at the beginning and no way to move on…
-------------
PDOException Object
(
[message:protected] => SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘checkout_agreement’ already exists
[string:private] =>
[code:protected] => 42S01
[file:protected] => /mnt/local/home/idwdigital/store.idwpublishing.com/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php
[line:protected] => 150
[trace:private] => Array ...
--------------
Any thoughts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

James An

Total Posts:  1

Bump.

I’m having problems with PDOException errors too. I’m also on a Dreamhost account. I followed the Installing Magento Via SSH instructions. When I used sample data, the installation finished without a problem. When I don’t use sample data, the install wizard always throws a PDOException after the database page when it’s creating tables.

Since I follow the updated instructions, I’m using the 1.1.6 installation along with PEAR to update everything.

I’ve never used Magento before, but I’ve used other non-ecommerce CMSes (Drupal, Joomla!, etc.) and I’m pretty comfortable in PHP/MySQL code. Still, I don’t really want to peek into the installation code. ^^”

Like Hulabula, I get different PDOException errors every time, usually something about a base table already existing or missing.

I’ve gone back to just install Magento with sample data and just remove the sample data stuff, but that still doesn’t solve this problem. Any help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hulabula

Hi James

This post solved it for me: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8605/

What I ended up doing in the end was completely uninstalling everything - and did a fresh install from with the config changes from the above post.  It worked like a charm even with 1.1.16 now grin

Hope it works for you.

Just thought that I would throw an update here!

For anyone with issues installing on DreamHost…

#1, make the change to the pear file mentioned in the post linked to above.
#2, install after 11pm PST.

After much banging of the head trying to re-install this did the trick.  Solution found on the Dreamhost Forums and I thought that I would share here.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community