Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Import products and product’s images

SEM Truth

Total Posts:  26

Personally I work in .xml format in Excel. I use a column for each image size

small_image
thumbnail

Easier to orgonize.

I had accidentally discovered that you can upload all of your products into Magento along with any images. Then you can re-import the same data with new images and they will be added to the product. Now I will simply be running a test on how to remove the old ones.

You could use this to add multiple views but exclude is checked by default. This prevents the other product images from displaying on the product page.

If I find the solution to that, it would make importing multiple images easy enough.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

two22

Total Posts:  12

I work in .xml too..

Importing products with images is quite easy..

You must just copy all images folders into /media/import/ (for example /public_html/media/import/1/0/mypic.jpg) and in exported xml file you don’t need to change anything.

All images will be imported automatically.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cj68142

Total Posts:  6

These may be a stupid questions...However, my /media directory doesn’t contain a directory by the name of import.  I’m using the default profile of “Import All Products” and have version 1.4.1.1

1) Do I simply make an import directory and place it in the media directory or does the fact that this directory doesn’t exist mean I’m missing something?

2) I’m using the same image for 100+ products.  I entered the first product manually and then used the export feature to have a sample path (/a/s/image.jpg) to duplicate in my csv file for importation.  The image appears for the one product entered manually but doesn’t appear for the products imported via the csv file.  Why is this?

Thanks in advance for any help understanding why I haven’t had success importing image paths with new products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

slamdunk73

Total Posts:  5
California, USA

Oh my gosh, I had a similar problem importing images and I finally figured it out.  You need to convert the file to UTF-8.  Microsoft Excel stores it as ANSI.  Once you do that, it should work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Derek_Stokley

Total Posts:  4

i think a lot of people had the same troubles. You can find a really useful information about possible solutions for common problems connected with image import in this article. Magento image import
Hope somebody will find this helpful

Magento Community
Magento Community

calvinh

Total Posts:  19
SoCal

So we’re in a weird situation. We followed the directions here to import the images: use the SKUs as the filenames and put them in

/shop/media/import
and then we did the import, which Magento said was successful.

Afterwards, the backend said that some indexes were out of date; so we re-indexed, and now all the images are showing.

However, if you go to Manage Products and edit a product, the Images tab shows no images. It just says “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view. ” and “No Image” is selected for Base Image, Small Image and Thumbnail.

We’re running Magento Community Edition 1.7.0.2. I even tried putting labels for each of the images (”Product Image” for image_label, ”Small Image” for small_image_label, and ”Product Thumbnail” for thumbnail_label.

Has anyone else encountered this? Also, we have these fields for all of the products in the CSV:

_media_image    _media_lable    _media_position    _media_is_disabled
                                              1                     0

Magento Community
Magento Community

ThomasB78

Total Posts:  13

I have found this extension about a month ago. I use it till today. But i tried to import only products. However it is possible to import images also. hope it will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wuqio

Total Posts:  4

I’ve successfully been able to load about 1800 simple products using DataFlow, but how do I tie create a configurable product programatically? nike tn pas cher
nike tn requin pas cher
air yeezy 2

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joy Thomas

Total Posts:  20
Gurgaon

To import product images is very easy. Follow the two steps:-

1) put the images to be imported with in media/import folder.

2) your headers are :-

1) sku

2) image

3) small_image

4) thumbnail

put the path of image as /imagename. please check the attachment.

If a product has multiple images then from csv ,it takes the last one as the main image so put your image in last row which you want

to show for multi images product.

Thanks

Shailesh Thapa

Image Attachments
multiple images.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2