Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Two Stores with Two Domains

Liguidsoul

Total Posts:  31

I just followed the new Webinar for setting up a single magento installation for two stores with two separate domains.

I created a /stores/domain2.com folder, and copied .htaccess and index.php to it. i modified the path to /app/Mage.php in index.php, and changed Mage::run(’domain2code’, ‘domain2storeview_code);

I modified the base link URL’s in the Web config settings.

I added the second domain as a “Parked domain” in cPanel, which points it to the root directory by default…

When I pull up domain2 in my web browser, it shows my Magento store.

However, the problem is ALL the links in the store revert back to domain1 if you click on any links.

What is the problem? I’ve been trying for hours with no success.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tobik999

Total Posts:  30

I have got the same problem! Did you make Any changes at your installation yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Liguidsoul

Total Posts:  31

No. Unfortunately, I gave up on Magento temporarily. This software has the potential to be the best shopping cart system ever created—and it probably will be. But unfortunately, I think it will take another 6-12 months to iron out all the bugs. To me, it’s just not stable enough to use in a production environment. I’ll probably be using cs-cart or something similar until Magento improves.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community