Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mediatemple Alternate domain Install

SF

Total Posts:  2

hi, first sorry for my bad english ;)

I followed this tuto in my Mediatemple Main domain whitout any kind of problem. But it was only a previous test.

I’m really interested in installing to an ALTERNATE domain. But i receive error messages. If all my domains are in the same hosting acount why i only can install in primary? How i can find a sollution?

thanks,

s.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi SF,

What error messages did you get ? What was the problem with alternate domain ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SF

Total Posts:  2

hi Michael,

i dont remember the error messages but i`ll try to repeat the entire process again and then i’ll tell you.

by now, when i enter to my alternate domain/install:
http://nituniyo.net/install

the program dont let me enter to next step of configuration wizard.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Michael, can you please confirm that (mt) GS does work for magento?

I saw a “UPDATE: MT’s version of MySQL is not compatible with Magento. You may be able to get this to work with an offsite MySQL Database. Alternately, a MySQL container through (mt) might have a newer version of MySQL, but there are no guarantees. __”

But it’s very hard to tell whether this info is updated. I think it would be nice to show edited/latest update date for Wiki, so that we can tell the information is up-to-date.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Hi chinesedream,

We tested the latest Magento version on mt grid-service when it was released, both light and full packages. It can be installed successfully following the Media Temple Magento Installation Guide - Grid Service wiki article.

Where did you get that update ? I think it has to be changed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

SF - 26 November 2007 11:33 AM

by now, when i enter to my alternate domain/install:
http://nituniyo.net/install

the program dont let me enter to next step of configuration wizard.

Did you create a separate folder for a new Magento installation ? It looks like it uses an existing one, and redirects to another domain.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Michael - 27 November 2007 05:26 AM

Hi chinesedream,

We tested the latest Magento version on mt grid-service when it was released, both light and full packages. It can be installed successfully following the Media Temple Magento Installation Guide - Grid Service wiki article.

Where did you get that update ? I think it has to be changed.

This is the one I found from wiki search:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/general/installing_magento_on_a_media_temple_grid_server

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community