Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
MediaTemple GS Installation

bajolo

Total Posts:  11

Hello.

I followed this tutorial (http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/mediatemple_installation_guide_-_grid_service) to install magento in the GS MediaTemple’s server.

I first tried the full-installation; i got an error in the creation of the admin’s account, but i fixed with the help of the section “Known Issues” in the tutorial.
The solution was to run the sql code to create and populate the database.

In the light-installation i have the same error when craing the admin’s account:
“Not Found
The requested URL /magento/install/wizard/administratorPost/ was not found on this server.”
What is wrong?
Where could i find the sql file to create the entire database to the light version (without the data example)?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mexx

Total Posts:  35
Germany

Hi bajolo,
if your server supports mysqladmin (most servers do) the sql dadabase can be edited in there.
All you need to do is, figure out the URL of your mysqladmin interface. Commercial hosts will send you this path together with all other instructions and information.

Hope that helped,
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajolo

Thanks for the response, but that doesn’t solve my problem. :-(
Anyone could tell me where could i find the SQL file of the database used by Magento - the light version?
I have the SQL file for the full version, but that has example data that is not wanted…
Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi bajolo,
Could you post here a text of the error message you get ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajolo

During installation, when creating the admin’s account, i have this error:
“Not Found
The requested URL /magento/install/wizard/administratorPost/ was not found on this server.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Can yoo delete app/etc/local.xml and try to go through the installation wizard again ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajolo

Michael - 26 November 2007 02:08 PM

Can yoo delete app/etc/local.xml and try to go through the installation wizard again ?

Yes, but i still have the same error upon the creation of the admin account. :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

harjot

Total Posts:  61

I had the same problem. Are you using a ftp? I fixed my by uploading the files again. and then reinstalling magento. And did you fix the “Observer.php” file? If that doesn’t work try changing your php.ini file. But it seems like not all of the database tables were made so i would try upload everything in the app folder and lib folder again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajolo

Thanks but…
I uploaded a new Observer.php file from this thread (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1522/).
I uploaded the files again .
But when installing, the last part of the installation - the creation of the admin account - is not finished with success.
An important thing: the admin account creation screen is not properly rendered by the CSS. confused And when i submit the information, gives me the same error i listed above. :-(
What is wrong?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

harjot

Total Posts:  61

It seems like your still missing files. Are you install the full ver. ? I may know the problem but am not sure yet. Magento is a weird script to work with and really weird with media temple. Good Luck smile tell me if you get anywhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajolo

I still don’t have magento running.

The full installation (with the example database) has a problem when i try to create the admin account. In that stage of installation i have to create the database manually using this script (http://www.magentocommerce.com/support/mt-gs/database_reinstall.sql).
Then, i have to refresh and create the admin account twith success and magento is installed with success.

But with the installation of the normal version of magento, i have the same problem when i create have to create the admin account.
Sadly, i don’t have the correspondent sql file to create again the database.
So the problem persists.

What can i do?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dmitriy
Magento Team

Total Posts:  39

hi
what urls did you have on the previous steps ? could you provide full urls please (just replace the domain name if needed) ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajolo

well… url for magento: magento.webrunch.com
it gives me an error in http://magento.webrunch.com/install/wizard/administrator/
how you could see, the page isn’t tendered by CSS.

PS: in the full version of Magento, it gives me this error. But when i reinstall the database and do refresh i create the admin account and everything is ok.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Looks like you give wrong configuration for web URLs on previous page.

Your Base URL should be “/” , not “/magento/”

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajolo

I have put only / and not /magento/ but when i try to create the admin account gives me the error:
--
Not Found

The requested URL /install/wizard/administratorPost/ was not found on this server.
--
The URL that is shown when the error happen is “http://s28046.gridserver.com/install/wizard/administratorPost/?SID=ffd64c3fdcd4318ef50c6bcc1111168b”

What is wrong? confused

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

I’m confused too smile

before you had host magento.webrunch.com, and now it’s s28046.gridserver.com…

the question in reply #11 meant: “What URL are you going to, when you just start the installation and see the first wizard page”

From this URL we’ll be able to help you to set correct Host and Base URL.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2