Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Warning! using store connector to install a template such as (modern) corups the admin javascript!! 

xgabo

Total Posts:  40

I tested this several times by installing the store on for separate sites.  Everything works fine until I use store connector to install something, after lets say the modern template is installed, the navigation links in the admin no longer work, the calender pop up to selects dates no longer works, in the categories manager, you no longer can see your list of categories. 

so like I said,, everything is ok until the template is installed.  this doesn’t make sense, the template shouldn’t change anything in the admin.

let me know your thoughts on this issue

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

You need to go in and change the file permissions in the JS folder. That should solve this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

storeonline123

Total Posts:  68

There is a fix for this. For some reason it changes permissions. check out this thread for the solution.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/17457/#

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community