Magento Forum

Vendor SKU

LorenzoG

Total Posts:  36

I want to suggest to add an alternative field called “Vendor SKU” to be tied to each product.

In this way, we would be able to use both our own SKU and the Vendor SKU (or Manufacturer SKU).  The advantages is that many of customers already know the producers SKU and we would then also be able to use the producers SKU in purchase orders genereated by Magento. The advantage to also be able to use own SKU, would be to have a more homogenous SKU system.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

I think that would be a custom attribute, fortunately it is easy to add and manage these in Magento wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

LorenzoG

Total Posts:  36

I know smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

kris

Total Posts:  11
NZ

Just dreaming along....  the vendorSKU could then be used to look up additional attributes from an external source to minimise errors as well as copy & paste efforts. A source could for example be the manufactures database made available via an API or GS1’s GDSN (Global Data Synchronisation Network) - the people behind barcodes.

The mapping of the looked-up attributes should probably be able to use presets per manufacturer and utilise the power of the Dataflow concept. The synchronisation could then be scheduled daily similar to the lookup of exchange rates.

Magento Community
Magento Community

linco

Total Posts:  1

Do you know if there’s any good extension for Vendor Notification and Vendor Control Panal, where different vendors can login and see their orders detail ... (OPL Preffered)

Magento Community
Magento Community

outdoorliving

Total Posts:  2

I have a question.

We have different sku’s from the vendor. And our product names are different as well from the vendor. So do I just add the vendor sku number to the backend? so that the manufacturer knows what product they need to ship out?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community