Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error: Can only throw objects in … Varien/Simplexml/Config.php

Darrell Merrick

Total Posts:  4
Scottsdale Arizona

I was trying to make a simple admin change (amount for flat-rate shipping) and during the save I received this error:
“Fatal error: Can only throw objects in /public_html/shop/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 504”

Now it’s like it’s stuck and I can’t get around it.
I tried clearing the cache (though I hadn’t done that before, so maybe I didn’t do it properly)

Unfortunately, after searching around I haven’t seen where anyone else has had this problem.

And to make it stranger (at least to me) is that I can see my store if I just use the IP Address, instead of the domain name.

My domain name is:
dfdboutique.com
That gives the “Fatal error”

IP version:
http://67.228.237.165/shop

Oh, and I’ve tried tweaking Simplexml/Config.php to get around it. Doesn’t make a difference. Even if I add lines (before line 504) it still gives the same message. You’d think the line number would at least increase from 504

And I don’t really know how to look “behind the curtain” to see what’s going on behind the scenes

My Magento version was 1.0.
Though in the process of trying to fix this I upgraded to 1.1.4.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
Maybe there’s some dumb thing I’m missing here.

thanks,

Darrell

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Darrell Merrick

Total Posts:  4
Scottsdale Arizona

okay, I fixed it.

Still don’t know exactly what happened.
But I ended up pointing my domain name to a backup copy of my Magento install (that my web host did for me a few weeks ago) and that did the trick.

I just know that when something goes out of whack with the Magento setup, it’s like trying to defuse a bomb to get it working again. A bomb with different color wires all intertwined…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community