Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Moving the information in the tabs on the modern theme

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

I’m trying to figure out how to move the info on the “Additional Information” (modern theme) tab on the product detail page. I’m basically just trying to get rid of the tab and just move the info from that one tab to below the product description. I do like how the data is formatted with the line dividers on the tab. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

I also want to do this, it seems like that tab is a waste of space, anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

careybaird

Total Posts:  6

The file you need to edit is, if your using the modern them, /app/design/frontend/default/modern/layout/catalog.xml (for default its /app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/catalog.xml)

On my version it is on line 174, but look for something similar to:

<block type="catalog/product_view_tabs" name="product.info.tabs" as="info_tabs" template="catalog/product/view/tabs.phtml" >
                    <
action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog"><alias>description</alias><title>Product Description</title><block>catalog/product_view_description</block><template>catalog/product/view/description.phtml</template></action>
                    <
action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog"><alias>upsell_products</alias><title>We Also Recommend</title><block>catalog/product_list_upsell</block><template>catalog/product/list/upsell.phtml</template></action>
                    <
action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog"><alias>additional</alias><title>Additional Information</title><block>catalog/product_view_attributes</block><template>catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml</template></action>
                </
block>

Remove:

<action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog"><alias>description</alias><title>Product Description</title><block>catalog/product_view_description</block><template>catalog/product/view/description.phtml</template></action>

(Don’t forget to clear your cache in Admin if you are using it).

You could also move that tab by just changing the order of the three <action> elements.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darsh

Total Posts:  71

Thanks careybaird I did the change but I forgot about the stupid cache the side not helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community