Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Seperate Administration Per Site

yshahin

Total Posts:  30

I would like to be able to create an account that will control a website or a store
I dont want one person to be responsible for the CMS of all my sites and website

I want to be able to have separation by website and store if possible
where account1 is the administrator for site1
and account 2 is the administrator for site2
and so on

This will give more flexibility in the administration and the separation of access rights

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sergio Kryn

Total Posts:  11

Yes. I would be glad to see functionality like this in Magento too. For example by managing permissions roles in the admin panel. It would be really nice idea to limit access per website, store or even store view. And also limit catalog access (per categories).. and so on

so I will be waiting for that wink

Thank You

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello!

You can try Advanced Permissions extension. You can assign an admin to particular products, catalog or store-view. This way he will only have access to the products and stores that he is in charge of and not to the others. You can also easily restrict access to admin panel, CMS pages and and specific data.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community