Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Attribute Sets and Categories ? 

dchoi

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

I wanted to know if it’s possible to assign an attribute set to a category…

Actually, I have different category types. The main tree of categories will contain products, but inside it, there will be categories containing some other things, not products. And these categories first have their own attributes I need…

I can add attributes to categories, but the thing is, I couldn’t take normal category attributes out. For instance, what’s really annoying me are the category attributes that are required fields for normal categories and which I don’t want to fill if creating my new kind of category.

Anyway I wondered if I could make some different attribute sets and assign them to different categories.

Thx for your answer

David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community