Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Special Price does not apply in cart

aldesign

Total Posts:  5

Here’s an idea that may work. The cron job for the CatalogRule applies at 1AM daily but some Catalog and CatalogIndex apply by default at 2AM. I’m thinking the rule should be applied after that.

In “app/code/core/Mage/CatalogRule/etc/config.xml”
I changed:
<schedule><cron_expr>0 1 * * *</cron_expr></schedule>
to:
<schedule><cron_expr>0 3 * * *</cron_expr></schedule>
which is after the Catalog rules.

We’ll see how this works…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/how_to_setup_a_cron_job

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan jones

Total Posts:  37

I can confirm that this problem has been resolved in Magento 1.4.2.0-RC1. Though you might want to hold off upgrading until the general release smile

Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul-xib

Total Posts:  116
The Netherlands

designer84 - 30 August 2010 09:39 AM

Hey all,

The fix located here: http://mandagreen.com/fixing-catalog-price-rules-cart-issue-in-magento-1-4-1-0/ does NOT work for me in version 1.4.1.1.

I’ve done the following:

1. Made the changes as described at the link above…
2. Reindexed the products
3. Cleared the cache
4. Applied the rules (in Catalog Price Rules area)
5. Checked - did NOT work.
6. Repeated 2-4 in different orders - no luck!

I really need this to work so please can anyone suggest any other fixes or patches?....thanks

I’ve also attached the code that has changed - please make sure that it looks right if you could

found the fix for 1.4.1.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

fourroses666

Total Posts:  89

It does work on 1.4.1.1, only i think it goes back to wrong after a couple of days.
So i think u have to set a cronjob. How to set that i have no idea… i dunno if above message cron works..

When u refresh ‘index management’ again then it works again.

If it doesnt work you prolly forgot to reindex like i did at first.

Magento Community
Magento Community

P3PODY3R

Total Posts:  51

Same problem here! I am having some issues with the special price discount on the list and detail page.
1) The “special prices” discounts on the detail page does not show up
2) The “special prices” discounts on the list page (where all the products are shown as grid or list) show up but when I selected a product for purchase it does not -always- show the discount price on the shopping cart.

I used promotions/Catalog price rule to create the 20% off discount. If I go to Catalog/manage Products and save the specific product. After that I visit the detail page and the special price is populated BUT the problem persist every other day or every time I modify something on the control panel (back end).

Any idea what it going wrong?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joygirl

Total Posts:  9

Please Help!!! Magento 1.4.2.0 not displaying discount prices in shopping cart. Any ideas??? Thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jk_inetz

Total Posts:  3

Check and see if your catalog_product_entity_decimal table has a record for your product for the special price with a store id of 0

select from catalog_product_entity_decimal where entity_id=? and store_id=and attribute_id=65

I found that a record is required for the price to show correctly for downloadable products in the cart. For whatever reason when adding the products into our system magento fails to create that record.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxouille

Total Posts:  25

Hi,

Found the same issue : when a catalog rule is applied, everything works fine.
But when i udpate any data in a product, thre rule does’nt apply for this product anymore.
I have to re-apply it. And sometimes the rule just stop being active for a random product…

Any idea ?

Thanks

----------------------------
EDIT :

I just found this : http://allwebsites.be/en/catalog-rules-dont-always-get-applied-when-saving-a-product-in-magento-1-4-2-0/
It actually works.
I just created a new Oberver.php in app/code/local/Mage/catalogrule instead of changing directly in core rep.

Hope it helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

jk_inetz

Total Posts:  3

I did find another thread that could explain missing products when saving in 1.5.0.1:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/226573/#t374172

This has resolved an issue i was having when the price for a specific website was also getting set as the default price.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3