Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Special Price does not apply in cart

Yoakim

Total Posts:  126

I want to follow up on my 3 last posts regarding 1.4.1.1 and the fix for this issue supplied by firewizard.  After the initial issue were the upgrade somehow invalidated the fix, then getting it to work just to revert to same old bahaviour the next day, it now has stayed functionally stable for several days without me doing anything further then letting cron run as scheduled.

I think it’s safe to say that the fix works for 1.4.1.1 but possibly with some initial glitches, maybe depending on theme or extensions installed and same goes for own modifications as well..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

But then there it is back again! Clicking the “Apply Rules” button do solve it for now but something strange is going on here.

I did make some changes to my rules, basically adding some groups and associate them with some existing rules, and (re)applied them of course. All was working as it should yesterday evening but then today same pattern as before, the discount show up in the catalog but when added to the cart it changes to full price.

Guess I simply have to keep an eye open for this and see if I can figure something out about what’s going on.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajab

Total Posts:  27

I’m having the same issue with version 1.4.1.1 - what ever I try I can’t get the rules to apply to cart even though they show up everywhere else in the store. I’m currently evaluating Magento for a client and if little bugs like this are not being fixed I will have to look else where....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

bajab - 16 August 2010 09:28 AM

I’m having the same issue with version 1.4.1.1 - what ever I try I can’t get the rules to apply to cart even though they show up everywhere else in the store. I’m currently evaluating Magento for a client and if little bugs like this are not being fixed I will have to look else where....

Have you applied the fix available here: http://mandagreen.com/fixing-catalog-price-rules-cart-issue-in-magento-1-4-1-0/ ?

That one is necessary to keep the discounted price from reverting back to full price when product is placed in the cart. With that fix, everything reindexed (menu System->Index Manager) and then clicking Apply Rules button on Catalog Price Rules page I have it all working.

Then you have to in any case set up the cron job to have rules reapplied everyday, typically during the night. But then there is an issue where dispite the cron job runs and apply rules the cart part fails. I really don’t know why this is, if it’s just local on my server or what and I haven’t had time now to look deeper into it. Just tries to remember to manually every morning and click Apply Rules if needed. Not optimal but it works for now until I have more time.

It’s not like bugs like this don’t get fixed but Magento is a complex system and things like this are not always bugs but may have to do with external influences like server/hosting environment, custom theming etc. and one can see for each release lots of work have beem done. At the end of the day you find similar type of problems with other projects as with Magento but it’s hard to find a similar shopping app which also quite easily can be built up as a complete site, not just a shop.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bajab

Total Posts:  27

Thanks for the reply Yoakim… I have seen the post regarding the patch for this problem in version 1.4.1.0 - but from what I could see this is no longer relevant to code I have in observer.php v1.4.1.1 (in fact it seams the patch has been applied) But still this problem persists...I have tried reapplying rules and clearing the cache to no effect…

I understand all scripts have their bugs, I’m just frustrated as magento offers so much, but the feature I really need is different pricing for different customer groups - ideally on per product basis - but as a second best I convinced my client that we could do this with global price adjustments using price rules..  then i discovered price rules can only aplie discounts and not add to the price- luckily I found a patch for this silly issue (I wont mention that you can’t apply price rules to tired pricing)- but now just when I think it all kind of works (in a workaround kind of way) - its the last straw to discover that price rules are not applied to the cart prices....

Well that feels better to have a rant at least.... 

Cheers - bAjA

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

bajab - 16 August 2010 10:33 AM

Thanks for the reply Yoakim… I have seen the post regarding the patch for this problem in version 1.4.1.0 - but from what I could see this is no longer relevant to code I have in observer.php v1.4.1.1 (in fact it seams the patch has been applied) But still this problem persists...I have tried reapplying rules and clearing the cache to no effect…

No it’s not applied in 1.4.1.1, observer.php is identicalc except 2 functions was appended to the file. If you have the fix there you must have added and forgot about it but look carefully as it’s only one little has that changes to get - must been one of the smallest patches in history grin

If you still have the problem it must sit elsewere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

designer84

Total Posts:  102

Hey all,

The fix located here: http://mandagreen.com/fixing-catalog-price-rules-cart-issue-in-magento-1-4-1-0/ does NOT work for me in version 1.4.1.1.

I’ve done the following:

1. Made the changes as described at the link above…
2. Reindexed the products
3. Cleared the cache
4. Applied the rules (in Catalog Price Rules area)
5. Checked - did NOT work.
6. Repeated 2-4 in different orders - no luck!

I really need this to work so please can anyone suggest any other fixes or patches?....thanks

I’ve also attached the code that has changed - please make sure that it looks right if you could

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2010-08-30 at 11.37.34 AM.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

Hi!

Not sure why you have posted 2 identical snippets in the screenshot, but that change in 1 location does the trick for me in 1.4.1.1, after clicking the button “Apply Rules” in Catalog Price Rules. However, the cron job that runs every night to reapply the rules makes it not work again. I think it’s because all rules are first reset before reapplied and it’s somehow not done properly to make them work again.

I’m not sure what causes your problem but my guess is that you have either another modification somewhere that offset it or in case you updated something didn’t go 100%, so I would suggest you to do what I have done (and still is doing) to figure thing out. You simply need to make a comparison between the original source files for 1.4.1.1 and the files you have on your server. If you are on Windows I would suggest to use “Beyond Compare” by Scooter Software, the program is cheap and execent, and they also offers a 30 days free try which is really generous as they only count the days you actually use the program.

You simply need to see if what you have on your server differs from the original.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan jones

Total Posts:  37

designer84;

I’m not able to exactly replicate the problems you are having. The listed fixes do indeed fix the initial problem, but I think your issues might stem a little deeper. Would it be possible to find out:

1) the exact setup of ALL your catalog rules, irrespective of whether they’re inactive or not,
2) any third party modules that are installed, or details of any code/modules you’ve written for whatever reason,

My initial instinct is to suggest that it is a configuration issue. I saw this only this morning on another site I maintain - the client had tried to setup a catalog rule, done it wrong, then wondered why it didn’t work.

Also, the initial poster informs us that they upgraded first from 1.2.x to 1.4.0.1 - an upgrade path that most people would scream and run away at. Have you upgraded from any previous versions where this has been setup and working prior to upgrading to 1.4.1.x, or is this a clean 1.4.1.x install?

Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

mserbanoiu

Total Posts:  8

Hi,
There is a very important bug in magento 1.4.1.1 involving customer groups.
If you change the group for a customer from admin panel - Customers/Manage customers/, than the group looks like is saved.
But if you click the customer (Ex John Doe) you will see the Customer group is General, Also if you try to change it from account page - Customer Information/Account information the group is not saved.

Please be free to try...http://demo-admin.magentocommerce.com/index.php/admin/
This is a serious bug regarding the usage of customer groups in magento, Hope someone can help me.
Also looks like the group magento use in rules is the one that is in Customer Information/Account information page, so this make customer group nonfunctional.

Regards, Marcel

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan jones

Marcel;
I do wonder if what you’re experiencing is something you might be doing, as I’ve had a few 1.4.1.1 installations now utilising various features involving customer groups, and aside from the original bug (Catalog Rules for Customer Groups), i’ve not really seen any issues.
I’ll try and replicate it on my installation though and see if;
a) I can;
b) find a fix if this is indeed another bug.
Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

mserbanoiu

Total Posts:  8

Hi Dan,
Thank you for your answer, have you find a solution yet?
Have you tried to replicate this bug on your magento instalation.
I used the last version of magento 1.4.1.1 stable.
As I said you can try this bug here
http://demo-admin.magentocommerce.com/index.php/admin/

Regards,
Marcel

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan jones

Marcel;

I’m actually not able to reproduce this issue. But I am. On the demo site that Magento themselves host, I can reproduce the issue. Now, they aren’t running the latest version (ironically), but I am. However, I downloaded and installed the version they’re using on the demo site, and still can’t reproduce this issue. I’ve tried creating customers several different ways, then changing the customer group, which then not only shows as taken effect, but actually has.

HOWEVER…

I installed the sample data and installed Magento 1.4.1.0 on top of it (so it upgraded the tables), and could reproduce the issue as the demo site does. Which leaves this basically caused ONLY by the data in the database, not the code. Now I’ve examined the databases (both one that works and one that doesn’t) and can only spot a handful of differences. There’s only 2 changes to the actual customer_entities table, neither of which should affect this and cause this problem. The only other thing I can see is that the group_id attribute has a different attribute_id, but the parameters in the eav_attribute table are the same (bar differences in the ‘display name’ - which I also can’t see causing the problem).

Now, I could spend time modifying the fields to match each other’s database to find out what on earth is going on. Tomorrow I might just do that. I’ll post back when I find out more.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aldesign

Total Posts:  5

François Bury - 26 July 2010 02:37 AM

The solution is : http://mandagreen.com/fixing-catalog-price-rules-cart-issue-in-magento-1-4-1-0/

It’s running !

This is not for 1.4.0.1.

I tried upgrading but it was a nightmare! Lost about 4 days. The ssh upgrade is buggy. I had to restore a backup to version 1.4.0.1 and the problem continues.

The only thing I know is to “Apply Rules” every time it happens.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan jones

the resolution at http://mandagreen.com/fixing-catalog-price-rules-cart-issue-in-magento-1-4-1-0/ doesn’t apply to 1.4.0.1. the bug this addresses was introduced in magento 1.4.1.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3