Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Special Price does not apply in cart

TheLoveOfCode

Total Posts:  20

Hello,

I recently updated my client’s site from Magento 1.2.1.2 to Magento 1.4.0.1. Ever since the upgrade, Special Prices (which appear correctly on the category product listings and the product detail pages) do not apply when a product is added to the cart. For instance, a product with a price of $20, and a special price of $10, will show up like this on the product detail page:

Regular Price: $20
Special Price: $10

Then you add one to your cart, and the price is $20.

This is not a catalog price rule, or a shopping cart price rule. All rules have been disabled and re-applied. This is strictly the Special Price attribute in the product.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is Varien aware of this problem?

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TheLoveOfCode

Total Posts:  20

[bump]

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

--deleted--

Magento Community
Magento Community

shahz

Total Posts:  26

Yep, I can confirm this issue too. The product displays accurately, the normal price cancelled and the special price displayed. However, when the product is added into cart, the price is set back to its original price (not the special price). Seems like a bug in the system. Any workaround?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Todecay

Total Posts:  24

I have the same issue and I have looked everywhere but couldn’t find a solutrion so far.

Do you know if the bug remains when the bundle price is set to FIXED? I only use DYNAMIC pricing.

Hope they will find a solution for this…

Magento Community
Magento Community

shahz

Total Posts:  26

As much as I love Magento, I’m really frustrated with the fact that the developers do not respond to issues on the forum. I’ve browsed this forum a lot, and most of the answers are provided by the community themselves.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DS

Total Posts:  14

Yes! same issue here, is there a workaround or fix finally available?

Magento Community
Magento Community

firewizard

Total Posts:  43
Bucharest, Romania

here’s a fix - http://bit.ly/aqrcfU

Magento Community
Magento Community

new zealand warrior

Total Posts:  46

had same issue with multiple sites, had three catalog price rules at diffreent percentages for one of the sites, was’nt showing when add to cart...even with rules applied???? then i just reapplied them( apply rules ) and they started working again?? make sure the customer configurations are all valid and correct...weird.

Magento Community
Magento Community

François Bury

Total Posts:  7

The solution is : http://mandagreen.com/fixing-catalog-price-rules-cart-issue-in-magento-1-4-1-0/

It’s running !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

Total Posts:  126

It\’s really annoying that when upgrading from 1.4.1.0 to 1.4.1.1 it reset the fix above, well it\’s not that it reset the fix but that it hasn\’t been fixed that is annoying! Although on a second thought, has anyone submitted a bug for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

Actually it’s even so that the fix doesn’t work anylonger and the problem still isn’t fixed. I better say nothing because if I did it sure wouln’t be nice words.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

Anyone still have this working after upgrading to 1.4.1.1? Something must hav changed between 1.4.1.0 and 1.4.1.1 that invalidate the fix because on the former it works but not on the latter. Anyone can confirm?

Magento Community
Magento Community

firewizard

Total Posts:  43
Bucharest, Romania

can you please paste the code for that method? I haven’t upgraded to 1.4.1.1 yet so I can’t really test it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

Well it now appear to work, after visiting “System->Index Management” and reindex everything, at least that’s what I did and the fix since work (again)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yoakim

Well the problem came back… and it wasn’t the index thing that did it at all but the fact I clicked “Apply Rules” button on the “Catalog Price Rules” but I didn’t pay notice to that as I have cron set up to run it every night, and it seem to work as discount prices are applied in the catalog, but appearently this isn’t enough because I just had (yet another) customer complain about offering such a nice discount and then rip it off when put in the basket!

This is really not good for business and I say as you sure it’s free software but I’m tempted to add it’s also the worse rip off on open source in modern history! I don’t expect to get enterprise service in anyway, but if it is open source it should be managed and looked after properly. And I will stop talking there because it’s obvious they don’t listen anyway.

For my problem I have to look if there is anything wrong with my cron setup as there might be something old lurking I’m not aware of, but the fact the original problem isn’t solved after all this time is bad enough, and I’m sure they don’t exists in Ent/Pro Editions and I think that tells it all.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3