Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Group attribute list on product view frontend. 

jiggliemon

Total Posts:  18

I need to group the attribute list in the product list (on the front end product view) in groups separated by headers.

ex:
Engine Specs :
Engine Size :  250cc
Engine Stroke :  2-stroke
Engine Mfg.  :  Honda

Transmission Specs :
Transmission Speeds :  5-speed + Reverse
Clutch :  Manual
Transmission Mfg.  :  AAMCO

etc. etc.  See example here -> http://www.scooterdepot.us/150cc-New-Style-Gas-Moped-Scooter-p-389.html

Is there a way through the core magneto system to do this?  Or will it include some additional programming or extending to the core functionality?  To make things worse Im offering several products with different attribute list’s… For instance the ATV’s have different attributes than the Scooters. and so on.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Naresh Vajawat

Total Posts:  47
India

Hi,

This is a very important feature. Were you able to get any leads on this.

I a m looking for a similar feature.

Thanks,
Naresh

Magento Community
Magento Community

jiggliemon

Total Posts:  18

I’m still working on it.  I’ve had a little luck.  but the sorting is ridiculous as each set uses different group id’s.

The query is also very difficult to find.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community